15. Fillers

Dresden sighed, leaning against the counter while he opened a bottle of beer. He had just gone to check on Julie but, finding her asleep, he ran out of things to do. Jack was handling what was left of the financials - something Dresden hated doing. His third, Steve, had been in control of the borders so all that was left for Dresden was business with Ollie and his mate. He sure as hell wasn't going to go to Ollie right now. He was still pissed that Ollie even challenged him on who was going to claim Julie first.

He wondered how things were going to happen now that he was the Prime Alpha in the area. He wondered how much things were going to change within his pack now that they had an Alpha mate to listen to. Once she gets better, she could take controlf of the pack house from him and relieve him of some of his duties. Then he could tackle the border problems with Steve and really start to focus on his pack members that lived outside of the pack house. He thought of how long it would be before Julie got used to staying here. She was full of fear right now but that was understandable after the way her father has been treating her. Dresden thought of ways that might help her ease into her new life while he drank. He thought of introducing her to everyone and then scratched that idea out. It would only piss him off to see his pack members eye her like she was whipped cream. Then he thought of giving her her own car. He winced at the idea. She would definitely use that to run and he wouldn't be able to follow her scent. Then the perfect idea came to him.

"Sheila, Kris," He called, knowing the she-wolves were in the living room next door. They appeared immediately, bowing in submission at his call and waiting patiently for him to speak. "We're going to have a party next weekend. Let Steve know so he can prepare and make sure everyone else knows too." They smirked at him and nodded, disappearing to follow their orders. Dresden took a swig of his beer, feeling pretty good about the idea.

This time, she would enjoy herself.

~~~

Julie felt terrible. Her body yearned for a stretch and her muscles ached and screamed at her. Her neck was tense and tight and it hurt to move. She let out a moan of pain and turned, wincing from her body. Why was it so sore today? She opened her eyes, letting sunlight blind her for a few moments before sitting up slowly. She must have slep through the entire day and night if it was so bright out still. Otherwise, she didn't sleep as long as she thought.

She fell back against the headboard and took a sigh, feeling relief for a brief second before her sore body attacked back. She heard a shower running through one of the doors across from her, which she instantly concluded to be a bathroom and stared at it in wonder. Who was in her shower? She sighed, threw her legs over the edge of the bed and sat up.

"Ach," She winced, lifting her shirt to look at her bruises. They didn't seem worse but they definitely didn't seem better either. She was just thankful James didn't break a rib last time. She stood tall, swaying but found her balance before walking towards the door. The least she could do was get out of the room until the person in the bathroom was done with it. She needed a glass of water too. She reached the door and had set her hand on the knob when she heard a voice.

"Where are you going?" She turned, finding Dresden standing in front of her with nothing but a towel wrapped around his waist. She froze, staring at him in shock, her cheeks blushing like mad. Why was Dresden using the bathroom in her room?

"To get a drink?" She stuttered, her eyes glued to his face in fear of seeing anything. She was too shocked to spit out a respectful greeting but he didn't seem to care. He crossed his arms and gave her a scolding look.

"What did I tell you yesterday?" He asked. She stood still, her hand staying on the knob as she thought.

"I will stay here and rest." She answered and he nodded, pointing to the bed.