31. Ollie's Plans and Jack's Surprise

Ollie paced back and forth, his frustration and stress levels at their limits. He was barely able to contain them and they were flowing off from him, affecting his entire pack. Andy watched his Alpha, feeling himself tense up at the stress Ollie was pouring out all over him. His brother was in the same state as the Alpha, feeling less of Ollie's emotions and more of his own. His hair was in a messier fashion than before and his body was shaking with rage, want, need and guilt. He wouldn't last much longer if he didn't hear about his mate soon. Paul, unlike the two, looked as calm as ever, leaning against the wall. He'd just got back from another meeting with Ian, exchanging information on Dresden. They news he had wasn't pretty and it wasn't good either.

"We're doing it." Ollie decided after minutes of pacing and thinking to himself. "We're attacking, tonight."

"Tonight?" Paul asked. "Are you sure? They haven't done anything to her yet."

"I can't risk it!" Zach argued, his anger getting the best of him. "If they try - if they even fucking try!" Andy set his hand on his brother's shoulder, stopping his outburst. Zach looked at him, shaking his head in full rage. "I'll fucking kill them."

"Isn't there another way we can deal with this? Besides war?" Andy asked. He had his fair share of war and he could only imagine how his sister was handling these days. She looked so shaken and fearful - her nightmares were just going to get worse. And he can't be there to comfort her. He could only pray to Fenrir that Dresden was taking care of her - proper care of her. "It doesn't seem like they even know anything."

"That' Dresden's way," Paul explained. "His pack is good at lying and acting innocent. They live for dramatics like that. We've seen it more than enough. Hell, we've used it."

"Once Dresden makes up his mind about something, he never goes back on it. Ian told us his plans and we already know they're true. We've got to stop him before he tries," Ollie stated, looking at Zach. "And we've got to do it tonight. It's our only chance. Are we agreed?" Zach and Paul nodded but Andy hesitated, his mind racing with different holes the facts had. He couldn't agree so easily with this. He wasn't confident about it at all. But even he knew there was little he coul do. His Alpha and his beta had made up their minds. He would have to go along with it.

Ollie and Paul left them to go reorganize everyone and come up with a game plan before tonight. Andy, despite knowing how much Zach was in a critical state of mind, looked at him. 

"Thing is, you and I both know Julie isn't good at acting." He said. Zach stared at him, glowering but eventually nodding in agreement. Even he couldn't argue that one.

"Someone has Trish. I just want to find them and kill them."

~~~

Rose stayed on the line in silence for a few moments, leading Jack to think she was debating on trusting him or not. It was obvious by her silence that she had thought about this before and possibly knew something. It was only a matter of trusting him now or not. The only affiliation he had with her was being Julie's beta, after all.

"Do you have any idea?" He asked, moving down the hall to avoid some oncoming Were.

"Yes," She sighed, pausing once again. He waited, leaning against the end of a row of lockers. "I've wondered about that myself and researched it." Jack felt the presence of more Were and continued further down the hall.

"What did you find?"

"It's possible but it's difficult. She has to want her wolf back - that's the most important part. And even when that happens, it'll be like phasing for the first time all over again." Rose explained. "The thing is, just wanting it isn't enough."

"Ouch," Jack commented, focused on the idea of phasing the first time. Phasing wasn't a fun thing for those who come into age. It was a painful process that required your bones to break and change form, your muscles to rip and regroup. It was a process that had everyone screaming at the top of their lungs while their skin ripped to fit the form of a wolf. It would take a few times before phasing became like second nature, barely causing pain.

"Not only that but Julie won't be the same." She continued. "She won't be able to phase like normal. Her body would need to heal its bond with her wolf and it would take months, even years to do that. She would probably only be able to phase once every few months or, depending on her strenght, once every full moon to use Fenrir's force to help her. She should be able to phase more frequently in time but it'll be a long while before that."

"She'd have to start all over." Jack realized, noticing the Were presences were gathering and heading for him. He walked out of the building and towards the woods, telling Rose to wait so he could get a good distance without eavesdroppers.

"Julie would have to regain all of her abilities and all of her senses. It may take even years before she can get close to the Were she once was. Jack, if she does bond with her wolf again, you make sure that son of a bitch does not take advantage of her. If he's not careful, she'll end up bedridden." Jack sighed, glaring ahead. This week was just filled with depressing news and stressful events.

"Don't worry. Dresden probably wouldn't make her phase as frequently as she'd like to anyway." He said. "That's all I wanted to hear. Thanks for your help."

"Did she tell you?" Rose asked, her voice sounding urgent. "About what happened?"

"Not yet. But I have a feeling that she'll open up to Dresden soon." Rose groaned, making Jack chuckle. "My Alpha may be dark but he's very protective of Julie and takes good care of her, older sister. You don't have to worry."

"I always worry." Rose retorted. "I've got to go. Some ass wipe named Ian is here to try and win me over again. If he comes your way, I'd stay away from him. He's a snake." She hung up before Jack could ask her to explain and he leaned against the tree, sighing.

Jack straightened, his wolf telling him to phase. He sensed the presence of four unknown Were, edging close to him. They didn't belong to his pack and they definitely didn't belong to Ollie's. He could tell they were strong - practically Alphas. How the hell did they get inside the borders without being noticed?

He was trapped before he had a chance. He was in the middle of the four of them, somewhere in the woods. They snarled at him, their mouths watering with want. He knew if he wasn't careful they would rip him open. He could take them on, being the beta he is. Training with Dresden gave him that ability. But he didn't know what their plain was and he didn't know how badly he would make it out. Before he could let them into his mind, to ask what they wanted and who they were, they attacked.

And Jack nearly failed to avoid it.

Author's Note:

Oooohhhhhh. Jack's been attacked. Told you he'd get a surprise. :)

Next up, Ghost Chase Part 2 and following that, Andy and Zach have a heated discussion in a short chapter before Julie finds out if Jack's surived or not. Stay tuned! :)