42. Miranda

"What?"

Dresden stared at Sheila in bewilderment. His mind raced over her words carefully and slowly, breaking it down into tiny sections so he could be sure he had heard her correctly. Phillip and Rose were just about to walk out the door to head back to Ollie's when they heard her speak. They stopped, listening in. Phillip gave his mate a stern look who couldn't help but hold back her laughter at the shock on Dresden's face.

"Jack snuck out to go somewhere and he took Julie," Sheila repeated, her voice faltering half way. She feared what Dresden might to do to her for failing to stop them. Julie wasn't in any shape to sneak off and Jack definitely wasn't any better. The two of them were definitely up to no good and it was all her fault. Dresden sighed, rubbing his face with irritation. He tried to think hard about where Jack might be taking Julie but the more he thought about it, the more he realized that it was probably Julie dragging Jack somewhere. He heard Rose giggling like a school girl and he looked over at her. Immediately, he knew she said something that caused Julie to run off.

Julie was probably getting into danger once again.

"What did you say to her?" Rose shrugged innocently, rocking on her toes.

"I have no idea what you mean." He growled at her and within half a second, Phillip was growling right back, dramatically. Either he really didn't like Dresden or something made him more protective over Rose than usual. Then he realized. He had smelt the combination of the two as soon as she walked in but he only thought it was because they were next to each other. Now, it made even more sense. He immediately backed off, putting some space between them.

"Do you have any idea where they could've gone?" Rose smirked at him, her eyes glowing with amusement but she shook her head.

"For the likes of me, I can't think of anything." Phillip growled lightly at her, seeming annoyed with her and she sighed. "Don't worry, Alpha amateur. I'm sure they'll be back soon."

"Do you realize that Ian and his pack of Alphas are still out there? And Julie can't phase? And Jack's injured?" Dresden felt himself get more and more anxious with every word. Even if he knew the facts, he hadn't really considered the importance of them until now. 

He was going to murder Jack.

"They won't be able to get to her if she's going where I think she's going."

"And where is that?" He couldn't help the menacing step forward his body instinctively took. His wolf was angry and it was spilling through him. Phillip took the challenge, reaching him in two strides. They bared their teeth at each other, snarling but Dresden kept his focus on Rose. If anything happened to Julie, he knew exactly who he'd go after first.

"Miranda," She said calmly. His anger disappeared - for a moment.

"You're fucking joking!" He cursed, slamming the wall next to him. The pack looked up in surprise, all feeling his anger boiling over them. Sheila winced behind him, taking a large step away. "What the hell is she thinking?!"

"They have a bond, you know." Rose said, pulling him away from his rage. He gave her a look to tell her to continue, waiting to hear her explanation. "Miranda and Julie have some sort of bond. I can't explain it. It's like they're natural enemies but they don't see each other like that."

"You don't think this isn't bad?" Dresden growled. "Your sister - my mate, for love of Fenrir - is going to see a fucking witch!"

"Witch?" Sheila squealed in fright. Immediately the pack started whispereing and murmuring, coming up with theories and irrational fears of what the Alpha mate was doing. Dresden snarled at them to be quiet and they immediately whimpered, understanding that they weren't part of the conversation.