10. Celebrating

Julie couldn't believe things turned out the way they did. She accepted losing her wolf. She accepted losing everything that made her. She accepted being forced away from her family. She accepted that her troubles came with nightmares - she expected as much. But the day to day visions that has her running around in the woods, into unknown territory, into dangerous situations and into suicidal attempts was too much. At first, she figured if she caught her wolf, then she'd have her back. But these chases took it to a whole new level, a whole new extreme. Now, she belonged to the pack she didn't want to join and her Alpha thought she wanted to jump off a cliff on purpose. Now, she was seperated from her family again.

They entered the field, expecting faces stared at them watching Julie follow after Dresden slowly. Her hand rested on her neck and her sweat was slowly drying in the cold wind. Andy and Zach looked at each other gloomily, knowing that with the way things are, they would never be ablet to provide the full protection they wanted to give her. Not with her belonging to the very thing they wanted to protect her from.

Rose watched in disappointment as her younger sister followed the dark one and the light one walked out of the woods alone. Still, she couldn't help but think that it might just be best. After all, he was the one who chose her as his mate. Seperating the two will only bring more trouble than what was needed and he just might be what Julie needed the most right now.

As Julie approached her sister, Rose smiled at her and held her arms open for a hug. "Congratulations! You have a pack again!" Julie nodded her head, too irritated by what could have happened to celebrate. "Now then, may I have a word Dresden?"

Dresden was startled that Julie's sister called him out so suddenly but nodded nonetheless. His guard was completely up as he walked with her away from eavesdropping ears. Julie watched her sister talk with him, wondering what the older she-wolf could possibly say. But it was impossible. Once Rose wanted to hide something, no one could find it.

"So, when you could phase, were you a beta, alpha or omega?" Jack asked her with a teasing grin, looking at her with a scrutinizing gaze. Julie didn't answer, not liking the way he was looking at her. He seemed to be processing her in his mind, attempting to figure her out and work her moves. He seemed like he wanted to learn how to predict her.

Zach and Andy came to her side and she hugged them, not caring that her new pack members were growling at their approach.

"You'll be fine," Andy whispered in her ear. "We're still siblings!"

"If you need anything," Julie nodded, not letting Zach finish his sentence.

"We're still siblings." She agreed with them before they returned to their new pack. Zach took his place next to Trisha who smiled softly up at him before looking at Julie with a sorry expression. Julie shrugged back at her, appreciating Trisha's friendly attitude even though they were on different sides now. She looked at Zach and found him smiling down at Trisha in content and that was all that mattered. Trisha would take good care of him. Now it was only Andy who needed to find someone.

"Sorry, I couldn't get to you first." Ollie apologized to her, a light smile on his face. She shook her head.

"I don't really know what happened out there so don't worry about it." She confessed. "Besides, I'm not much use." He chuckled at her but shook his head in disbelief. Jack growled at Ollie next to her, standing in front of her. Ollie smirked in return knowing that Jack was only protecting his Alpha's mate.

Dresden returned with anger in every step. How dare that bitch talk to him like that? Who the fuck did she think he was? She was on his land! His property! Ad she dare threatened him about his own mate?!