17. Alone Time

Julie sighed lazily, watching the boring sky through the windows whlie the comforter was wrapped around her. She hated being trapped in a room that wasn't her own. She felt confned like a prisoner and the moment she stepped outside, she was dragged back to her cell. She felt uncomfortable, embarrassed even that the reason for such lengths was because she needed to heal.

She didn't understand that. Her new pack didn't seem the kind of people who cared that much. Her Alpha definitely didn't seem the kind of Alpha who would let her stay in his room just to heal because it just happened to be the safest place at the moment. Normally, they would just let their wolves learn to defend themselves. Besides, she was perfectly fine. It was only a few bruises - nothing she hadn't dealt with before.

Instead, she was being kept all day in a room by herself with absolutely nothing to do. It hadn't even been that long but she was already losing her wits.

"Care to explain?"

Julie jumped, seeing Dresden enter through the door, closing it slowly behind him. She sighed, her muscles aching with a kind of numbness she hadn't felt before. It must've been from her quick escape after nearly being caught.

Well, she was caught anyway.

"I was bored, sir." She replied, shrugging softly. "Alpha, do I really have to stay up here the whole time?" 

"Until the bruises heal," He answered, falling onto the bed next to her, making her bounce. He stretched out and let out a long sigh. "Don't call me Alpha - just Dresden is enough."

"Why?" She heard the whine in her voice and fearfully, covered her mouth. James never tolerated whining and Julie hadn't whined since before the event. She couldn't imagine how Dresden would take it. He was practically on par with her father. "I mean, I'm capable to leave the room and move around."

"You may be capable but you're not well enough to move normally just yet. Those bruises won't heal if you keep straining the muscles and they'll end up getting worse. You'll get weaker and you may even end up hurting yourself even more." He argued, closing his eyes and resting his hands behind his head. "So I'm locking you up until I see that you're well enough to do things again."

"That's just..." She started, her face blushing as she made contact with his bare stomach from his shirt rising when he moved. "Not fair..." She caught herself mumbling and turned away, biting her tongue before her mouth got ahead of her. Dresden didn't make a move to scold her. Instead, he chuckled.

"That's my order."

She knew there was no way she could go against her Alpha's order. She could try all she wanted to convince him differently, to get him to change his order or to take it back but that would risk annoying him. He didn't seem like he took well to being annoyed. She wouldn't dare risk it.

"How long do you think I'll be up here for?" She asked, deciding to see if she could somehow cut that time shorter. "And I'm still able to go to school?"

"So you can swim and work on cars? No. It'll be at least a week before you're able to walk around again." She glanced at him, her mind calculating all of the long hours she would have to entertain herself in this lonely room. She thought about the entire seven nights she would have to share his bed with him and felt herself slowly hiding under the covers. "Close your mouth."

"Okay," She said, realizing she had left her mouth open.

"You're much more talkative." She shrugged, looking out the window.

"I've been up here by myself this entire time." She explained. She felt the bed move and when she looked up, Dresden had stood and was walking towards the door. "You're leaving?"