40. Information Sharing

Julie sighed while staring out the window of Sheila's bedroom. She spent the rest of the day yesterday here and then, after discussing it with Sheila, spent the night here too. Sheila didn't mind and shared the bed with her, still irritated at Jack. Julie spent the night tossing and turning, having way too much on her mind to go to sleep. She didn't know how much Ollie or her brothers have found out about Ian yet and she wondered what they would plan on doing once they gathered all of their information. Right now, she just wished she could get one night of rest.

Cursing Fenrir in her mind, she heard her name being called from downstairs. She stood up, heading down while attempting to take as much time as possible. When she got to the last step, she was surprised to find Ollie, Paul, Zach, Andy and Dresden together at the front door. She stopped and then waited for an explanation, her arms folded in front of her.

"We've got some information." Ollie greeted, deciding not to ask about how things were going. It was clearly evident the moment he saw Julie that Dresden hadn't settled things with her. Julie nodded back at him and then looked at Dresden, waiting for her Alpha. He led them into the living room where Sheila excused herself and left Jack lying on the couch. He seemed irritated by the interruption as if they were just in the middle of making up. He looked up, arching his head at them and groaned.

"You didn't tell me this dick was coming." Jack complained, gesturing to Paul who smirked down at him.

"You look like shit." Paul greeted him. "I'm surprised the big bad Prime beta couldn't handle a surprise attack. Who would've known?" Jack growled, attempting to sit up and go after Paul. He winced instead, gritting his teeth and fell back against the couch.

"Enough," Ollie glared at his beta, sitting down in a chair. Zach and Andy sat down after him while Julie decided to sit on the floor in front of the couch Jack resided over. "Let's just get this over with."

"Ollie discovered that Ian had some powerful allies that helped him take over the packs up north that might sound familiar to you," Dresden started, staring hard at Julie with a concern glance. Julie felt her nerves twist, the look in his eyes told her that it wasn't good. She gestured for him to continue anyway. "Rogue Alphas."

"So it'll be another one of those situations?" She asked, once her mind processed it. She shuddered from the memories, her hands gripping each other in her lap. Her mind recalled her recent memories of Miranda and she wondered if this was Fenrir warning her or if it was mere coincidence.

"Almost," Paul corrected her. "Andy told us what happened before. The only difference is that we know what's coming and we have the opportunity to work together along with Rose."

"Rose?" Julie glanced at Dresden, knowing that he didn't get along with her. "You're going to work with Rose?"

"Yes," He answered relunctantly. She broke a small smile and it eased his irritation. His heart felt warm and he couldn't help but feel like there was still hope that he could fix everything before this thing with Ian started.

"It's for the best," Ollie assured her. "She's dealt with Ian in the past already. Her experience will be very helpful." Julie knew she didn't have to worry about Rose. She was a strong she-wolf and a stronger Alpha. If she already knew the enemy, it would only be easier for Rose to settle things.

"So everyone is coming here?"

"They'll be staying with us. We're trying to make it seem like we're still against each other." Ollie explained, glancing at Dresden. "He and I have had a few good fights during council."

"Unless they already have someone watching us," Paul included with Andy and Zach nodding their heads.

"If that's the case," Jack looked at Julie with a smirk. "They know all about you stopping the war." She groaned, throwing her head back.