5. Sister, sister.

"I heard you had another wolf chase last night." Julie inwardly groaned as she heard Rose speak on the other end of the line. "What happened?"

"I'm just not sleeping very well." Julie stated, leaning slowly against the metal fence. Her body was sorer now. The muscle relaxers had worn off and swimming in gym class did not help her. She didn't even think to bring extras with her. "I've been half conscious at times and think I see a thing that's just part of my dreams is all. I'm fine."

"I didn't ask if you were fine, Juls. I know you aren't." Rose argued, frustration all over her voice. "I know you aren't fine staying in that hell hole with the devil of a father looking after you. I know you aren't fine after everything you went through for us."

"Rose, don't." Julie scowled. "What's done is done and we can't take it back or change it. I wouldn't anyway if I could. I'm fine where I am. Dad's fine and Andy and Zach are constantly around me. I'm fine."

"I just don't like this." Rose growled. Julie could just imagine her sitting at her desk in her attic office, bent over in the chair. Her hand was probably balled up into a fist near her as she glared off at a space on the wall. "You know I would change it if I could." Julie nodded even though she knew Rose couldn't see it.

"I know." She whispered, thinking of how different things might have been had she chosen a different path. But she knew it wasn't possible. There was no other path. Their lives would have ended the moment she strayed from her decision. "How is everyone doing?"

"Oh, you know. They're enjoying themselves with it being mating season and all." Julie gasped, realize it was true. How could she not have realized it? It was nearing winter!

"Are you planning on pups, Rose?" Her older sister choked on the line and Julie knew instantly that it was true. Rose only ever choked when she was embarrassed. "Does Phillip want them too?"

"Phillip's the one who convinced me to." Rose grumbled and Julie couldn't help but smile. She could tell Rose was rolling her eyes at the thought of her mate, possessing her to have pups. He, being her beta, was probably laughing in the background at her. "He's looking forward to the day we find out."

"Aw! Congratulations!" Julie exclaimed. She knew Rose would be a good mother. She was just twenty-three years old, a large pack of her own with her beta as her mate and the looks of a goddess. She glowed with natural beauty, both on the outside and inside. She was someone kids would be smart to look up to. She was the perfect mother figure for Julie. Sometimes, she still is. Phillip, on the other hand, was a little rougher. Julie could see him being the enforcer and punisher when it came to their children. He was also a trickster which meant that he would probably pick on his kids as much as he'd help them pick on their mother. Still, he was very protective and would be just as good of a father as Rose would be a mother. They were both very family oriented.

"Speaking of mates, I heard there are two packs there you have to pick from. You might find yours." Rose announced, reminding Julie of her impending doom. Soon, her brothers would have to leave her. She didn't even want to think about finding a mate. The idea of finding him and showing him how weak she was frightened her. After all, being mates isn't forced. It was something that could be refused and the way she was right now, she would drop dead if her mate refused her.

"I told Andy and Zach that I wouldn't be wanted with the way things are." Rose scoffed immediately on the other end.

"Nonsense! Juls, you still have her." Julie scoffed back, wishing she never said anything. Her sister was never one to just leave things be - especially if she truly believed they could be changed. Julie, on the other hand, thinks that if something can't be changed, it can't be changed. At least, that's what she's come to believe.

"Rose, she's gone. End of story."

"Julie, she's still there and you know it. You're still a Were and-"

"Please, Rose." Julie interrupted. "Stop."

"Fine," Rose relunctantly said. Julie knew this wouldn't be the end of the conversation but Rose was patient. She would give Julie some time and bring it up again. "Zach told me everything will be decided on Friday."

"Really?" Julie sighed, thinking of the short amount of time she'd have left with her brothers before they leave. "That's in two days."

"They said the packs follow the traditions. There's going to be a race. I only hope those two stay in the same pack. It'll be hard if they ever have to go against each other." Julie agreed, finding it difficult to imagine her brothers being forced to go against each other.

"I'm sure they'll be fine. They're never without the other." Julie noticed everyone was starting to leave the bleachers and sighed. She barely had enough time for a nap. "It looks like the period is over. I'll talk to you later."

"Okay, love you!" Julie smiled softly, missing her sister's warmth.

"Miss you."

Julie packed her phone back into her bag before she slowly stood up, gripping the fence to help her. She had the late lunch of the day with her brothers which meant that this was the last class period she'll have to deal with. Unfortunately, it was a class that she had to be placed in because all of the other elective classes were full and she had nowhere else to go. Luckily, thanks to Phillip and her brothers, she knew a few things that might help her in the class.

"Alright, ladies! You've got your partners and you've got your cars! Get to work!" Julie walked in to see a tall man with thick side burns and a fluffy mustache - Mr. Nickelson. He turned towards her and groaned loudly, making some of the other students turn to look and chuckle. "You must be Ms. Julie Wells. Have you ever even worked on cars before?"

"Yes," She answered, noticing that everyone had dropped their bags on a single desk. She made to do the same and then looked around, glancing at the cars. Mr. Nickelson stared at her, eyeing her before rolling his eyes. He didn't believe her answer at all. She looked like the kind of girl who was best kept at home, knitting and cooking and cleaning. She didn't look like the kind of girl who could get dirty and not freak out about it. He glanced around the room, looking for something to give her and found the perfect thing. If she says she's worked on cars before, she'll prove it with this.

"Are you sure?" The million dollar smile he gave her sent chills down Julie's back. She nodded though and noticed she was the only girl in the room. Everyone was Were and everyone belonged to Dresden's pack. He, himself, was also present in the class.

"Well then, since you're experienced, you can handle Betsy!" He pushed her towards the back of the room, pointing to an old 1960s truck with the hood opened, revealing old parts belonging to an old engine. She sighed, seeing the hard work that it needed. "Everything you'll need is in the back storage there. Feel free to ask help from any of the...men in here." Julie bit her lip, the sexism filling the room making her feel small and feeble - more so than being wolfless and bruised.

She looked back at the engine, not finding an immediate problem. She walked around the vehicle and attempted to turn it on. It only squeaked before giving out. She looked back at the engine, everyone standing around while watching her. She noticed they smirked and grinned at her, laughing at her feeble attempts to find what was wrong. Even Dresden was smirking at her with his beta. She felt her heart race, Rose's words reminding her what time of year it was.

This was not going to be an easy class.

Dresden watched in amusement as Julie looked over the engine once more, checking parts and rechecking them before going back to the storage room. She returned a few moments later, carrying newer parts, a pair of gloves and a towel in her hands. When she returned, she began replacing the parts carefully with the ones she had, hoping that it might work.

"Hey, I didn't know girls knew how to get dirty." A member of his pak spoke loudly, intentionally insulting her. Dresden didn't mind. She ignored him and lied to him. She was going to pay for it.

"You have to admit," Jack comments, leaning back against the engine. "It's entertaining to see her struggle with Besty." Dresden looked over her form, seeing her bend over the engine, allowing him a nice view of her ass. Her jeans made it seemed rounder than before and he could feel his need growing.

"Yes, it is." He agreed, his inner wolf stirring. He couldn't wait until Friday when he had her in his pack, under his watch and forever in his bed.