Part 47

Door gifts, wedding cards, wedding dress everything is not done. Its now the mid of May. I have told Syed that I'm going to take him to find some materials for his baju Melayu but he was so busy learning about his father company because my dear future father in law can't wait until after the wedding. Well its not my fault that suddenly my dear future husband breaks his promise. 

He said he don't want to take over the company and he'll persuade Uncle Qhoftar to give it to Hanani or Qatar but then now he said "I sorry sayang, but I don't have the heart to objects ayah's decisions," I'm tired of this. Is he going to get married or not. 

So I don't care, by hook or by crook he must follow me to Gulatis today and pick a few materials for our wedding dress. Its not like we're gonna use the whole day for choosing the material, but the whole day to choose all those petty stuffs on weddings. 

"Okay, so what do you want to wear on our akad nikah?" I asked Syed as we exited the car.

"Baju Melayu. Takkan nak pakai bikini?" he said trying to create a joke.

"That's not funny. Manalah I tahu kalau you nak pakai jubah macam orang Arabs. Tapi kalau you nak baju Melayu you nak warna apa?" tanya Syed.

"It all depends on you. You said it yang you nak pastel for akad nikah kan?" tanya Syed.

"Yeah but what colour? What do you think of light peach or do you prefer light blue?" tanya Syed.

"Light blue," he said. 

We were on the second floor of Gulatis, Kota Damansara. I told Lin, my assistant at Gulatis to help me find something cotton or maybe satin for Syed's light blue baju Melayu. Syed said he'd prefer cotton but then I said cotton keras then Lin interferred that original cotton that is RM150 per two metres is not quite flowy. So Syed gave me a smirk. I agreed. I wanted to argue because its like really expensive but then I don't want to argue in the public so I just simply agreed. 

We bought around 5 and half metres for each of his baju Melayu's material. It was light blue colour for the akad nikah, white colour for my side and light peach. So its my turn to pick mine. I told Syed that I wanted all of the ladies in my family to wear the same colour. He said it was unecessary. So I asked him about the bridesmaid and he said we'll find ready made dresses. I agreed. Yeah that would probably be less hassle. 

I choose a white french lace to match with my light blue satin akad nikah dress, well its a baju kurung modern actually. The top will be fully laced. Then I chosed a nice satin silk to matched with a beaded lace border that is only for my hands and waist since its going to be a modern dress and lastly for his side's ceremony I chose a chiffon light peach for a bout more than 6 metres because its going to be layers of chiffon and under it will be a nett type of material that is white colour. Syed picked a nice lace that has small details on it that would be for the sleeves only. So yeah we are done. Well only for our garments. Plus, its only materials. Thankfully I have more than three months. A week before, I called Rizalman and made up and appointment. Luckily, he was available on the day that I bought all those materials. 

Before going to Rizalman Sposa, we went to Bak that next to Gulatis. After measuring Syed and setting up the date that is in July Syed paid a quarter of it as a down payment. Syed didn't asked me why would I said by the end of July but I had my explanation ready in my mind. Its because atleast we had a month to fix it and for designers they need at least three months before. So maybe I'll get my dress around there too. 

So he drove all the way to Bukit Bintang. I was so excited. My dream designer is designing my wedding dress. Can you imagine that? So after we discussed everything he said by the end of July or early August would be just nice including fittings and altering. I know Syed is quite boring so after I finished talking I wanted to pay (it was the money that I've been saving up since I was 17 for these dresses. It was about RM 5,000 in cash because I'm thinking about paying the other RM 10,00 after fittings. But when Syed saw it he just his credit card just before I could took out my money from my purse.