{Poly!Hamilsquad X Reader} Singing (15)

Start from the beginning

★ ★ ★ ★ ★

"I'm home," I call softly, carrying quite a few bags before placing them on the kitchen counter with my keys and my wallet. I took off my coat and noticed I didn't hear a reply from anyone. I sighed and placed my coat on the coat rack, heading back to the kitchen to put things away.

When I was almost done, Alexander walked out with a bright smile. "Oh, hey, (Y/n)!"

"Alex, I thought you were at work," I turned to him after a placed the cookies on a high shelf, where John could reach with a lot of difficulty. I had to use a step stool, of course. I'd just have to move it back to the bathroom, where it usually is hiding from John.

Alex sighed and leaned on the island counter, looking at the ground in thought.  "I came home while you were gone.  Jefferson was being a complete asshole today," Alex complained, crossing his arms like a child.  "He kept saying how my plan for helping other people get money was stupid."

I looked at him, unsure what to say.  "Really?"

"Yeah!  He was just being a little shit, even if he's taller than me," he murmured the last part in frustration.  I would've laughed, but my mood was just bummed out. 

"I'm sorry you had to go through that," I tell him and put the flour away, since it seemed as though Hercules and Lafayette gave up trying to cook. 

Alex's arms slithered around my waist and pulled me to his chest.  I didn't move, just let him do it.  "Are you okay?"

I turned in his arms and faced him, holding the carton of milk I grabbed from the counter.  "Can you put this away?"

Alex took it from my hands and let me go, putting the milk in the fridge and looking back at me as I collected all the grocery bags.  "You avoided the question."

"Yeah, I'm all good," I tell him as I throw the bags away in the garbage can.  We had enough bags, anyway. 

Alex gave me a look I couldn't read before Hercules came from the hallway where the bedrooms are, followed by Lafayette and John.  "Hey!  I didn't know you were home," Hercules said, letting John run over and hug me. 

"Did you get the cookies?" John asked excitedly. 

I pointed to the cabinet and I noticed the step stool was still there.  John used it and grabbed his cookies, smiling as he ate them.  I looked at Alexander as he whispered something to Lafayette.  "Hey, Laf, let's finish those cookies, yeah?" Hercules called out, smiling. 

"Uh, oui, let's do that," Lafayette replied, looking at me as I walked towards the couch, flopping down in a tired manor.  I grabbed a blanket from the back of the couch and lazily pulled it over my body. I sighed as I closed my eyes, letting the warmth of the blanket take my coldness away.

"(Y/n)?"

"Hm?" I hum in reply to Alex.

"Can I sit down?" I raise my feet in reply, letting him sit at the edge of the couch. I lazily put my feet on his legs after he sat down. He gently took one into his hands and massaged it gently. I relax into the couch. "Are you alright?"

"Mhm," I hum tiredly.

"Are you sure? You seem-," he paused, looking for a word. "-distant."