Part 24; the end of an era

"Harry!" I called in the hallway. I was now surrounded by about ten body guards as I searched frantically for Harry. Each of the boys had split up now, and we were all searching for Harry, or Kate... we knew they'd be in the same place and we each had an individual idea of what was going on.

"It doesn't look as though he's here," Paul stated, whipping his head around as he double checked that Harry was no where to be seen.

"No, you're right, it doesn't," I agreed. I moved along the hallway and kept checking for him, wanting nothing more than to see him again. The visions I had previously of us jetting off on our perfect trip to the states seemed so distant right now that it was beyond a joke. Kate had always managed to ruin things between us, but this was the lowest she'd ever stooped and to be honest I didn't think she had it in her.

"Where do you think he might have gone?" Paul asked. He along with a few tall men were surrounding me as we headed up the hallway, each of our heads turning as we looked to see if there was any sign of Harry or Kate.

"I don't know, I'm just assuming that he's gone to find Kate, but he could be anywhere,"

"Well we better find him soon or we'll have to wait until tomorrow for the next plane."

I nodded, turning a corner.

*

After at least an hour's worth of checking and double checking the entire site, we couldn't find either Harry or Kate anywhere. This whole trip had now turned into a disaster. The plane had left long ago and now we were stranded here at the airport until we booked a driver to come to our rescue. The only plan that we had come up with so far was that the boys were to wait in the room where we had been before Harry left to see if he turned up at any point. Each of us had a mobile on us, and so were easily within contact.

Less body guards surrounded me now as the threat of Kate seemed distant. It appeared that Harry had taken her out of the airport, and so it was possible that they were anywhere. Apparently the boys had tried calling Harry several times, but every time they thought they had gotten through to him, the phone was hung up after a short pause.

"I don't think it's likely that Kate'll come back to the airport, so is it alright if we leave you on your own for a bit?" one of the men dressed in black asked. I blinked several times at the thought of being alone, but I bit back the tears and nodded, trying not to make myself look like a baby in front of at leave seven grown men.

"Yeah, it's okay. I'll head back to the boys in a bit, I'll just grab a tea from the machine in the lobby," I declared, throwing my thumb over my shoulder in the direction I was intending to head in. A few of the men nodded, seeming nonchalant, but Paul looked on edge and didn't seem happy about leaving me.

A few of the body guards began walking away, before Paul placed his hand on one of the men's shoulders and nodded over towards me. I was stood about a metre away from them.

"Is it alright if you stay here, mate? I don't think it's a good idea to leave Molly on her own," Paul stated. It didn't surprise me that he was being overly cautious, especially when it was possible that Kate was still floating around.

"Yeah, it's what I'm paid to do, right?" the man laughed who I soon recognised as Sam. He was in his early twenties and had broad shoulders, and looked as though he spent the majority of his time at the gym working out. His face and neck were covered in light stubble, his pale blue eyes were pretty looking and didn't really match his hard, manly exterior.

"Alright, see you later, Sam." Paul acknowledged me by nodding in my direction, his thin lips soon breaking out into a smile. I smiled back, happy that he was as concerned about the situation as I was.

Sam took a small step towards me and smiled, before turning his head to see the other men walkign away slowly. Their footsteps were loud, and I assumed this was as a result of their steel capped toe boots.

Sam turned back to me and yet again a smile broke out across his face, causing laugh lines to appear beside his plump lips. I chuckled at his features and started walking in the direction of the lobby with him in tow. We didn't say anything, but both of us were aware that we were still looking around for Kate with our eyes.

Sam and I reached the lobby, and he took a seat by the door as I headed over to the tea/coffee machine and pulled a plastic cup out of a holder and stuck it underneath the spout where the tea would be coming out of. Pressing the button on the medium sized, black machine, I turned away from it and focused my vision on a seemingly young girl, whose hair was covered with a huge black hood. She was leaned up against a desk that didn't have a receptionist sat behind it and had her back turned away from me so that I was unable to see her face.

The machine that I had totally forgotten about whilst absorbed in my trance bleeped loudly, causing me to almost jump out of my skin and I turned away from the weery looking girl and directed my attention back to it. I dared a glance at Sam, who had his eyes close and was no longer paying any attention to my welfare.

I ditched the idea of the tea, no longer thirsty. For some reason, I was now heading over to the hooded girl, eager to know who she was. She literally stuck out like a sore thumb as holiday goers hung around the lobby in their brightly coloured clothes and flip flops and sandals.

I made sure to keep quiet as I made my way over to the girl, now so close to her that she could probably feel my breath on her neck.

It was then I snatched her and pulled her away from the crowd, dragging her around a corner by her golden hair that looked a lot like Kate's...

*

I had no idea why I thought it would be a good idea to take the girl and hold her hostage in one of the hallways, neither did I know why I wanted to seperate myself from Sam when I was actually scared stiff of Kate and what she might do to me. All I knew was that I wanted this to end so I could leave for my holiday.

The girl squirmed and squealed as I pulled her around the corner like a mad thing. The both of us were probably attracting a high amount of attention, and I was sure that a crowd was following us around the corner, along with a few members from the airport security team.

"Get off me!" the hooded girl hissed. I pushed her to the ground and tried to work out her features, but her face was still covered by that damn hood.

Taking a small step towards her, I whipped the hood off her head and took a step back, shocked.

The girl was Kate.

I wanted to run for the next mile, just to get away from her because I was so afraid.

"What are you doing?!" the girl screamed, getting to her feet as she took a huge step towards me. I was now backed in the corner and pushed her out of my way, not liking this situation.

"What am I doing? What do you think you're doing?! You're the one that's delayed my flight!" I yelled back. A few droplets of spit flew out of my mouth and landed on her face and in her hair, which almost made me fall to the ground laughing. I managed to contain myself and counted to 10, desperately waiting for the anger that was bubbling up in my stomach to pass. It didn't. In fact, in the 10 seconds that I had stood counting with my eyes in thin slits as I watched Kate, I had become more angry that I was before and was trying my best not to launch myself at her.

"I didn't delay your flight, honey," Kate laughed. Her voice was oozing with venom and her mouth was wide as laughed tumbled out of it. "I was just preventing the inevitable."

My whole face crumped as I stared at her.

"The inevitable? What are you even talking about?"

"We all know that Harry should be going with me on this holiday," she snarled.

"Kate, if you're jealous, then I really think you should speak to someone about all this... it's getting out of hand and you're actually scaring me." to my surprise, I was no longer shouting, even though I wanted to. I wanted to punch her square in the face for all the times she'd made me cry, and for all the times that she'd made me a nervous wreck when I simply walked down the street. Even though I had so many emotions rumbling through my being, I found myself consoling her.

I was wracked with shock when Kate's face abruptly began to crease up. A single tear rushed down her cheek as she collapse to the floor and pulled her legs up to her chest. She stifled a sob as she began crying and sniffing uncontrollably. I was frozen as I watched my sworn enemy crying over my boyfriend. Even though I tried to hate her, I couldn't. I actually felt sorry for her.

Kate tried to explain herself between cries, which only made her sobs become more uncontrollable. Every once in a while she stopped crying to wipe her eyes and face.

I slipped onto the ground beside her and found myself wrapping my arms around her shoulders, pulling her into my chest where she rested her chin on my shoulder and just cried. We must have been sat there for at least half an hour before her crying became mere sobs. When she finally stopped crying, I was rocking her, the silence was deafening despite being sat in the middle of a busy airport. A few people stopped to hand us tissues and then went on their way again, but most people walked past and shot us confused glances from above.

"I'm... so... sorry," Kate muttered between wiping her eyes and taking her final sniffs. Her face was puffed up and her eyes were rimmed with a bright red colour. She looked abslolutely hilarious, but I wasn't about to laugh at her after she had just taken he time out to confide in me; she'd spent the last half an hour speaking of how she'd always had trust and jealousy issues, and how she always managed to get used by guys. I felt incredibly sorry for her as I realised that Harry was one of those guys.

"It's okay, it's done now." I replied, brushing the back of her hair with the palm of her hand; it was soft.

"As long as you're not too mad at me." she pouted.

I smiled back at her reassuringly to let her know that I was no longer mad.

After about ten more minutes of smiling at one another and telling each other how truly sorry we were, we finally got to our feet and headed back out into the main area where passengers were still rushing around with their huge suitcases. As soon as Kate and I stepped out into the open, a huge crowd of security guards rushed over to us, Paul in tow; one of them even grabbed Kate and pulled her arms behind her back. She squealed and begged them to let go of her.

"Guys, it's okay!" I shouted over the noise of the guards. Heading over to where Kate was once again being held to the wall, I pulled Sam away from her and dragged her away from the wall, frowning at the men; they all looked so confused and had no idea of what was going on. "Look, Kate and I have managed to sort things out, you don't need to worry anymore," I declared. My voice was raised as I attempted to speak over the huge amount of whispers and grunts that were flowing through the group of men.

"How do you know she's for real?" Paul laughed. A few of the others nodded and I scowled at him for being so over cautious.

"I just know, okay?" I turned my attention to Kate and glanced at her with a smile. She smiled back as she realised I wasn't just about to reveal how she'd been bawling her eyes out about half an hour ago.

I watched as the men quickly parted into two groups and Harry walked through the middle of them, the other four boys directly behind him. Harry's arms were flailing as he wrapped them around me and practically lifted me off the ground, whispering into my ear about how he claimed not to ever let me out of his sight again. I chuckled.

Harry looked over at Kate and fixed his eyes on her, whereas Kate squirmed under the attention from the curly haired boy and shifted around on the spot, staring at the floor as it was clear that she felt as though Harry's glare was burning several holes into her face.

"I'm sorry, Kate." he finally said. To my surprise, Harry held out his hand.

Kate lifted her head after a short pause and took his hand in hers, shaking it wearily before pulling her hand back and placing them both into the pockets of her hooded leather jacket.

"Yeah, me too." she almost whispered.

"Erm guys, I don't know if you remember, but we have a holiday to go on," I smiled as I took Harry's hand in mine and turned back to Kate, who was also grinning.

"Well to tell you the truth, Molly, we've missed the plane now so we're gonna have to go to the other airport." Harry laughed. He pulled me next to him and continued watching in the direction of Kate to see what her reaction was. She was still smiling and didn't appear to be flaring up with jealousy... she actually looked okay.

"Hm, okay."

*

We said our goodbyes to Kate and gave a few people random hugs before Harry, the boys and I piled into the nearest taxi with our huge amount of belongings filling up the boot and the floor of the taxi. As we all drove off to our next destination, Kate stood on the curb looking on and waving as we drove away quickly in the direction of the motorway.

Harry shifted around in his seat and pulled me into a hug, where I rested my chin on his shoulder and allowed my eyes to close.

"It's been a long day." I mumbled into the material of his blazer.

"Yeah, I know." I almost heard him smile.

For the first time in months, I found myself drifting off into a relaxed sleep.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone! So this is the last chapter- I may be writing an epilogue, so keep your eye out for that over the next week or so. Please share your thoughts in the comment section now that the story is over, I'd love to know your overall thoughts (:
I have also started a new fanfic, so take a look if you want... http://www.wattpad.com/story/1638875-gone-for-good-louis-tomlinson
Thanks for much for reading! <3