Part 2; the accusations

It didn't take long for my parents to realised that I'd gone back to bed during the chaos that was going on downstairs, and so reluctantly I pulled myself out of my pit and got showered and dressed ready for the day ahead. To tell you the truth, I wasn't looking forward to it in the slightest; seeing Harry was going to make me feel like complete shit. After leaving me in this stinkingly boring town for his new superstar life, I'd grown even more jealous of the fact he'd been able to fall out of school and instantly obtain an amazing career. I was stuck in my first year of Sixth Form with my same friends, same teachers, same everything really.

All of this was buzzing around my head as I shovelled the second half of my cheese and mayonaise sandwhich in my mouth, only half listening to the various conversations that were being sent around the table. My brothers were discussing something about whose turn it was to have the television remote, whereas my sister and my parents were engaging in some amazingly interesting conversation about a new car...

"Trust you to sneak back upstairs." my sister laughed as she picked at her sandwich. I snickered, despite the fact that my mum shot me a look that wasn't so congratulatory.

Silence over-rid the table as we all sat staring at one another. Finally, someone plucked up the courage to start up a new conversation. Unfortunately, it was my dad and another one of his 'bright ideas' that insisted on speaking about the one topic I was attempting to avoid.

"So we're going to see Harry and the boys tonight, then?" he asked with a massive fatherly grin spread across his face. My mum nodded while my father finished shovelling his huge sandwich into his mouth. My dad had always seen Harry as almost a son, due to the fact that he spent so much time in our house- he was practically family. Harry and I only lived on opposite sides of the street to one another, so sometimes we wouldn't even bother going home if we ended up staying up late watching films or something.

"Yeah, they're up for best single. We've been invited along." my mum confirmed, looking over at me with a puzzled look on her face as I didn't bother chipping into the conversation with my usual bubbly personality. I simply wasn't in the mood for small talk this afternoon.

I couldn't help but keep quiet as I watched the conversation with my eyes. My sister joined in every once in a while, asking ridiculous questions that could have been answered by one of my five year old brothers. Sometimes I didn't feel as though I actually belonged to this family. Apart from my mum, I didn't really have anything in common with my siblings or my dad. My sister Erin was always focused on losing more weight to suit her new boyfriend, Drake, despite the fact that she didn't need to lose any weight at all. She was the perfect size ten, and could get away with syling her bright blonde hair in any way she liked. Standing next to her made me feel like a complete potato, even though she always insisted that I was the better looking sister., which to me was some sort of sick joke.

"Are you excited for tonight then?" my dad asked loudly. I quickly realised that he was in fact addressing me; every member of my family watched as I awkwardly shifted around in my chair under the intensity of the situation. My dad hadn't even mentioned Harry's name and I was already squirming.

"I guess..." I mumbled into my sandwich, going for the 'I'm a teenager, I can't be bothered' approach to the conversation. My parents weren't really appreciating my vague answers though, and neither was my sister by the looks of things.

"I don't understand what you've got against him lately." Erin spat, staring at me as if she had venom in her mouth. The atmosphere suddenly became so thick that you probably could've sliced it with even the bluntest of knives.

"I haven't got anything against him." I retorted almost too quickly. That was it. The walls were going up as I began to get too defensive over the situation once again. Every so often my family and I had this argument and they almost always won.

"Yeah right, that's why you haven't spoken to him in at least a year. You won't even talk about him." Erin laughed. "You're acting as if you're jealous of his new life or something!"

"I'm not jealous!" I shouted. "Actually, I'm far from it. Why would I be jealous of a loser that can't even be bothered to contact his supposed best friend every once in a while?!"

My parents fell silent, abandoning their quiet chatter.

I felt pathetic for everything that I had just claimed, but I was so incredibly angry with Harry. I felt hurt and betrayed, not to mention that before leaving to go to America he'd promised that we'd never lose contact. I was aware of the fact that he was busy, but why had he so willingly forgotten about me?

My mum brushed her hands free of the crumbs and took my plate, even though I wasn't finished with my food.

"I'm going upstairs." I spat. Not looking back at the bunch of family members, I stalked out of the Kitchen and headed through the hallway up the stairs to the privacy of my room.