Part 19; America?

I almost found myself sneaking out of Harry’s house, even though I kept having to tell myself that I’d been here so many times before that no one would think anything of the fact that I was here. Harry and I were always over each other’s houses before he’d become so famous, but now that the paparazzi were involved and obviously knew the location of his house, I was always worried about getting caught and having to put up with a huge amount of speculation that could easily be avoided.

Thankfully, Harry’s parents had decided to take a few days out in London, and Gemma, Harry’s sister, was staying on campus at University, which meant that there was no one around to shoot awkward questions at the pair of us while I attempted to leave quietly. No fans on the front of Harry’s lawn also meant that we were able to spend a quiet night inside without having to listen to screaming fans knocking on the windows.

We emerged from the bathroom with red faces and racing hearts as we made our way back into the bedroom. I felt slightly vulnerable as I walked through the landing with only a thin blue towel secured around my pale body; Harry strolled around in his boxers which made me giggle as I thought of the complaints he received from the other X Factor contestants when he was on the show.

I hugged the towel against myself as I walked quickly across the landing, feeling the silky carpet gather in between my toes as I approached his room.

“I think I better be heading back to mine now,” I admitted, shooting a glance at the silver clock on Harry’s wall which now read 11:45pm.

Harry nodded, dragging on a pair of baggy jeans that he’d recovered from the floor at the bottom of his bed.

“Yeah, it’s getting pretty late.”

We exchanged a sheepish glance to check that we were both fully clothed, which caused us both to laugh nervously. Checking around the room to make sure that I hadn’t left anything lying around that could possibly blow our cover, Harry and I headed out of his blue bedroom and made our way down the stairs so that we were stood in the hallway together. I retrieved my coat and shoes and slung them on, opening the door with a shaky hand. I could sense the adrenaline that was still pumping through my veins as I felt Harry’s eyes burning a hole into my back while I unlocked his huge front door and roamed my eyes up and down the dimly lit street to see if there was anyone directly outside.

I turned back to Harry, whose eyes were gleaming such a bright shade of green that they could have probably lit up the entire street in which we lived on. His features made me smile once I caught sight of his familiar dimples that just slightly traced the outline of his upturned lips.

“I guess I’ll see you later then, friend.” I laughed, hitting him lightly on the shoulder with a loosely tightened fist.

Harry chuckled, grabbing my fist and using it in order to pull me closer to his chest.

“Wouldn’t you prefer the title ‘girlfriend’?”

His words tickled my ear, causing a huge shudder to wave down my spine.

My heart automatically picked up speed again, my eyes widening. Harry sensed me tensing up and released his grip on me, running a huge hand through his already tousled hair as he took a small step back.

I managed to calm myself down and raised an eyebrow, attempting to play hard to get, although it was pretty obvious what I was about to reply.

“I think I’d like that.” I smiled, placing the handle of my bag over my shoulder and rummaging around in there for my phone. It’d been 7 hours since I’d left school and I hadn’t even checked my phone for messages.

“Good, well we’ll have to arrange something in the week before me and the boys go back to America for a few months.” Harry proposed, flashing a toothy grin before making his way over to the door and holding it further open for me.

I squirmed a little at the thought of him leaving the country again, but soon realised that I couldn’t do much to stop him as a result of it being one of the perks of his job. For a spit second, the selfish side of me that was surely going to hell wished that he’d never auditioned for that talent show, even though I was the one that’d spent at least 3 months trying to persuade him into doing it.

“Or you could just take me with you?”

Harry’s smile vanished, his hand tightening on the door handle. He hesitated slightly.

“I don’t think that’d be a good idea, Molly.”

“But, why not? That way we wouldn’t have to be apart for so long,”

Harry sighed, and then raised his head in the hope of me not hearing his reaction to my burning questions.

“I’ll have to ask the management about it, but I’m not promising any-“

“Oh my god. Thank you sooo much!” I cried before Harry had even had the chance to finish his sentence. I knew Harry was trying his best to fight the smile that was trying to erupt onto his face; he knew just how much I’d always wanted to go to America, and the fact that I was potentially going with Harry was enough to cause me to keel over with excitement.

My screams were muffled as I pulled Harry into a hug and bounced around as I held onto him, nestling my face into the space between his neck and shoulder. Harry was laughing now.

“Come on, you better get home before your mum and dad start asking questions,” Harry chuckled, holding onto me at arm’s length so he could see my face, I was still bounding around on the spot, and now I was beaming, afraid that I was going to combust.

“Yeah, I suppose you’re right...” I pondered, biting my lip.

“I’ll see you tomorrow- I promise.” Harry smiled, pulling me back in so that he was able to kiss me straight on the lips. I kissed him back quickly, aware of the fact that the door was still open and my parents lived directly across the road and were probably able to see what was going on.

I managed to drag myself away even though I hated the idea.

“Okay, see you tomorrow.”

Turning my back, I forced myself not to look back as Harry remained in the door way, eyeing me up as I crossed the road and headed up my garden path. I couldn’t resist anymore after I’d reached the house, and turning back, I caught sight of Harry standing on the door step.

But he wasn’t alone. The person that I’d been so afraid of seeing over the past few days was stood on the doorstep beside Harry, possibly arguing with him about why I’d been here and threatening to hunt me down like I’d been dreading...

 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading! Please comment, vote & fan as usual- your comments definitely brighten my day (: -Sarah <3