Part 1; magazine

I finally managed to drag myself out of bed and down the stairs before 8.00am, just like my mother had requested. Despite the fact that it was a Saturday morning and I should have had at least another two hours sleep ahead of me, I'd been able to push off the warm duvet and head down the stairs. Today we were off to London for some secret arrangements, but it wasn't so bad, I was a huge fan of the city and was looking forward to the trip. I enjoyed anything that involved long journeys. 

I slumped down at the table and rubbed my eyes, dragging out the sleep from my lashes with my index finger. I could hear my mum snorting slightly under her breath as she bounded around the kitchen, sorting breakfast out for my family and I. I hated the fact that she was always so cheery in the morning; how was I supposed to wake up properly when I had her getting in my face constantly?

"Morning, love," my mum chimed, smiling at me slightly as a giggle escaped her lips. I half smiled back at her, deciding that it was still to early to attempt to be sociable. "I see you've woken up in your usual good mood then."

"Mhm." I mumbled. Not bothering to keep up the conversation, I pulled a slice of toast out of the rack that was in the middle of the table. I shoved the warm bread into my mouth. Again, my mum just laughed as she flung some sort of food substance into the frying pan that was positioned on the stove in front of her. Her usual good mood clashed with my infamous irritable mood; it made me cringe to think how different we were... we didn't even look remotely related.

The smell of coffee circled around my nostrils and I grinned, heading over to the counter eagerly as I grabbed a huge mug off the side and began boiling the kettle. My eyes laid on my mum for a few minutes as she stood staring at me with her left hand positioned on her hip. She was giving me the death stare and sending me daggers as if I'd done something totally wrong.

"What? I just want coffee..." my mouth turned up at the corners slightly and I knew that my eyes were sparkling with mischief.

My mum coughed slightly.

"Have you not seen the magazine on the table?" she asked confidently, indicating with her index finger that there was in fact a magazine lying casually in the middle of the dinner table.

I paused for a second.

"Is there any reason why I should have read it already?"

Her right eyebrow raised at the sheer amount of idiocy I was displaying.

"You spend all that time on the internet and you haven't heard the news?"

This was driving me mad.

"Mum I have no idea what you're talking about!" I laughed. I decided to abandon my mission for coffee as I slouched over towards the table and lifted the magazine. A page had been marked on the corner, and as I opened it, I was faced with a huge picture of One Direction. Scanning over the headlines, I read: "Harry Styles and fellow band members Liam Payne, Niall Horan, Zayn Malik and Louis Tomlinson will all be at the London O2 Arena tonight for the Brit Awards. Word has it they're up for 'Best British Single 2012' with their debut hit, 'What Makes You Beautiful'.

I sighed and grimaced at mine and Harry's last encounter... we hadn't spoken in over a year and I rarely even texted him or spoke to him over the internet.

"You got me up for this?" I questioned as I pinched the bridge of my nose with my thumb and index finger. Slapping the magazine back onto the table dismissively, I stared back up at my mother with a slight hint of rage in my eyes.

"I thought you'd be over the moon for him!" My mum cried, shaking her head as she darted her attention back to whatever it was that was beginning to burn in the pan. She cursed under her breath, and I couldn't help but chuckle at her. If there was one thing that we did have in common, then it was that we were both utter clutzes.

"I haven't spoken to Harry in months." I spat, narrowing my eyes back over at the magazine that felt as though was staring me in the face. The picture of him with the band was burning a hole in the side of my head. My stomach was churning as I looked them over, studying their outfits and at last glaring Harry right in the eyes as if he was physically stood in front of me.

"Well we'll see him tonight, so you'll be able to catch up with him." my mum stated, ushering me out of the kitchen as the smoke alarm suddenly began to ring. My ears were immediately being pierced with the terrible sound of alarm bells as I stuck my hands on my head in order to block out the racket.

My twin brothers quickly jumped into the room, both clutching at their favourite toys as they discovered the source of the noise. Jamie, my messy haired little brother, stared up at the alarm and clapped his hands, as if ushering the alarm to stop with the sound of his hands clapping.

"Mummy my ears hurt!" Tommy cried. However, Jamie seemed to be enjoying the racket as he began screaming along to the sound of the smoke alarm. The whole place was utter chaos and my dad was no where to be seen as I stood in the middle of it all debating whether or not to sneak back to my bedroom.

"Take them out of here, will you?" my mum attempted to shouted over the noise. She began pushing us all out of the kitchen as she threw the contents of  the pan into the sink and stood scratching at her head for some sort of inspiration on what to do for breakfast now. It looked as if we'd be having toast again.

"I'm going back to bed." I bluntly stated. I left Jamie and Tommy in the Kitchen for my parents to deal with, deciding that they weren't really my problem. As I stomped up the stairs towards my room, I passed my dad in the hallway, grinning almost too cheekily at him before bounding up the stairs seeking the comfort I had been dragged away from only fifteen minutes ago.