Prologue; new beginnings

Hello! Thanks so much for deciding to start reading this story. This is just a quick note to let you know that this story is complete, but I am currently working on another short story. It'd be great if you could take a look at it and let me know what you think of it in the comments section. Thank you! Hope you enjoy this fanfic :)

(Click here to view my new story: http://www.wattpad.com/story/3058934-the-bad-boy%27s-roommate)

"Don't be such a baby!" I cried, pushing Harry forcefully past his parents so that he was in full view of the stage. Standing beside Dermot was like nothing I could have ever of dreamed. He smelt incredible. I now understood why everyone made such a point of hugging him when they introduced themselves to the whole X Factor shannanagin.

Standing backstage at the first round of X Factor auditions, I could barely contain my excitement for Harry. He looked as though he was enjoying the whole experience so far, despite the fact that we'd been stood queueing outside the arena for at least seven hours. When we'd left the house at 5am this morning, it'd been cold and not to mention dark. Finally making it inside the building had raised our hopes a little.

"I'm not being a baby!" Harry protested, pushing his mop of curly hair out of his eyes nervously as he messed around with the felt bracelets that were hanging loosly on his wrists. I could tell he was absoutely shitting it; audtitioning for one of the largest talent shows in the whole world was a bit of a big deal, let alone for a sixteen year old boy that currently only had at least tweleve qualifications on his back and no singing experience. However, after winning a competition with his former band, everyone that knew the curly haired boy was sure of the fact that he'd nail his audition.

"You'll be amazing, just like you always are." I smiled, pulling him into a loose hug before hearing the cheer from the audience. The judges had just arrived. My ears and heart were both pounding as all I could hear was people chanting 'Simon! Simon!' in complete awe of the dark haired man. The sheer amount of noise coming from the arena was deafening as people began taking to their seats as they waited for the show to begin.

"Thanks, babe." Harry mumbled timidly into my shoulder, squeezing my body before letting me go. He nodded towards his parents and smiled nervously again, flashing his adorable dimples and shiny white teeth. My best friend was definitely a looker; I was about the only girl that had managed to resist throwing herself at him.

I took Harry's hand and shook it playfully, trying my best to hide the adrenaline that was being violently sent through my body. I was beginning to think I was more nervous than he was.

The audience began to squeal as Harry took his first steps towards what seemed like the start of a new life for us all. People were already clapping, knowing deep down that he would be incredible before even hearing his voice.

I watched from backstage, my heart in my mouth as Harry raised the microphone up to his pink lips.

It was time.