Part 6; envy

I managed to grab Harry and drag him into the toilets for a few minutes during the break. After him and the boys had won their award, people had constantly been coming up to our table in order to congratulate them. I was over the moon for them on their current success, but all my mind could register was the fact that Harry's eyes had literally been all over me earlier. I couldn't stop worrying over what Erin had just said, either. What did she mean by 'he's spoken for'? Did that mean he had a girlfriend?

I pushed Harry into the tiny cubical by placing my palms on the small of his back, and locked the door behind me. Luckily everyone was still in the arena, obviously enjoying the atmosphere too much to want to take a toilet break.

Harry looked confused as he seated himself casually on the back of the toilet, propping his feet up on the lid of the loo, looking concerned. I couldn't help but notice the hint of Lynx again as it wafted around in the tiny space that we were situated in. His mop of curls were shoved across his forehead, looking slightly damp as a few single ringlets stuck to the droplets of sweat on his furrowed brow.

"I... I just wanted to ask you something." I smiled, backing up against the door as it felt like we were already too close to one another.

Harry's left eyebrow raised, causing wiggly frown lines to appear on his forehead.

"Oh, right. Is this about... you know?"

"Yeah."

The silence was deafning as I slid down the door and ended up perched on the tiled floor. I wasn't able to drag my attention away from Harry's beautiful green eyes as I peered up at him timidly; his huge orbs glittered as a cheeky smile broke out across his face, causing his dimples to be on full show.

My school friends had always claimed that they were a complete sucker for Harry's facial features, and now millions of other girls across the world were saying it too. Personally, I couldn't understand what all the fuss was about; yes he was my best friend, and he was very attractive, but I didn't realise the why they were pining for him... Well, not until tonight anyway.

I sucked in a deep breath and chuckled slightly.

"Don't you think it was a little odd to stare at me like that earlier?" I accused, placing my hands under my bum so my bare legs wouldn't touch the freezing tiles that were beneath me. I hated the thought of sitting on a scummy toilet floor, but somehow the whole picture of Harry and I felt completely carefree. Noise came from the distance; people clapping again all of a sudden signalled to us that the break was over and part three of the show was about to begin.

"Not really," Harry retorted, his deep words handing in the air around us. "Can't a boy just admire his gorgeous best friend every once in a while?"

I grinned as my stomach fluttered a little, now raising one of my eyebrows. Trying my best to overcome the nervous feeling in my stomach, I spoke again.

"Not if you have a girlfriend." I claimed cheekily, not really expecting Harry's face to drop. His features were now morbid as he moved his line of vision away from me, now facing down towards the floor. His neck was bent slightly as he began scratching the back of his head searching for something to say.

I was suddenly confused. Did he really have a girlfriend?

"I guess you're right."

The words stung, just like a thousand bees had stabbed me all over. The hairs on my back were rapidly beginning to rise, causing my skin to tingle from the heat.

"You- you have a girlfriend?" I confirmed. I was slightly shocked as Harry had been sending me mixed messages all night. I'd thought he was interested in me...

"Yeah... well, she's not really a girlfriend." Harry's cheeks began to flare up and turn a deep crimson colour. "I just see her every so often, you know."

"Oh." I muttered, my mouth forming a round 'O' shape as I spoke the word. So it was that way.

"So you're just friends with benefits really?" I spat, feeling as though venom was beginning to form in my mouth. A wave of jealousy washed over me as I considered what this girl looked like. She was probably blonde, and skinny. Harry's usual type, no doubt.

"Uh, yeah." Harry confirmed. His cheeks looked as though they were swollen with embarrassment as he stared down at me through his lashes now. I was so overwhelmingly envious that I could hardly bring myself to look at him. Had I fallen for my best friend?

**

Hey guys, sorry for the shite chapter- I just felt like I needed to update as I haven't done so for a little while. Let me know what you think, fan & vote if you want :') xo