Part 16; results

It turned out that I was in fact one of the last people to leave prom last night, as my mum wanted me to be the one to say goodbye to everyone, as she thought it was my duty or something as I was now officially prom queen. I'd huffed for ages about how I'd just wanted to come home, as standing in the darkening carpark pretending to be nice for about an hour didn't seem all that inviting, but she refused to come and get me. I'd ended up standing in the carpark in the freezing cold for about half an hour before she arrived.

Once I was home I crawled straight into bed, pulling off my dress and throwing it into a heap on the floor, not bothered about it becoming crumpled as I'd probably never wear it again anyway. I dragged on my pyjamas and pulled my laptop out from under my bed, knowing that despite being exhausted, my mind was raging with thoughts about him and I wouldn't be able to sleep unless I focused my mind on something else.

I pushed the laptop lid so that the screen was glaring me in the face- having left it on earlier, I was already logged irnto my usual social networking sites. I had about 2000 new mentions, and so clicking on the interactions bar on Twitter, I began scrolling through them, a few of them making me smile. I didn't acknowledge any of them as I knew that once people thought I was online, they wouldn't stop tweeting me until I tweeted them back, and I just simply didn't have the energy to be nice this evening. I just didn't have it in me after freezing my arse off earlier.

I made my way over to Facebook and grimaced at some of the pictures of Harry and I that had already crept onto the site. Thankfully, Harry had been forced to delete his Facebook account a few years back because of The X Factor and so there was no way that he'd see them unless they managed to get onto Twitter, which was highly unlikely as I didn't accept fans on Facebook.

One particular picture caught my eye, as it had about 50 comments already and it had only been online for about five minutes or so. Clicking on the comments section, I scanned over them quickly, my heart beginning to race at the sight of what I was reading.

-"You tell that bitch if she ever goes near Harry again, I'll kill her."

"That's a bit harsh Kate... :L"

-"I don't think so. Has she completely forgotten that Harry's my boyfriend or what?"

-"People were forcing them to kiss... she didn't do it out of choice, just calm down ok"

A few of the people that were sticking up for me were the ones that had been whooping at the back of the Canteen encouraging Harry and I to lock lips. A few of them were apologizing as they hadn't actually realised that Harry and Kate had been dating, but she didn't seem to be having any of it.

I felt slightly worried as I remembered Harry and I kissing this evening, and that kiss had most definitely been voluntary.

Kate was probably going to kill me.

Actually, there was no probably about it. She hated my guts and would take any excuse she got if it meant punching me square in the face.

My palms were beginning to sweat suddenly and I quickly found myself throwing the duvet off my legs and onto the floor. I pulled off my socks as my feet were rapidly beginning to heat up too.

Standing up, I crossed the room and fled into the landing, my eyes locking on the bathroom door. I pushed it open and slammed it shut behind me, locking it quickly as I found myself becoming paranoid that Kate would somehow make her way into my house and find me.

"You're being stupid. Kate can't just storm into your house." I muttered, running the cold water tap and blocking the sink so that a pool of water eventually appeared in it. I spashed the water over my face and sighed as I began to cool down. My hair hung in my eyes as I pathetically tried to push it behind my ears.

My hands were delicate as I lifted my head up from the sink and grabbed the fluffy black hand towel, running it over my face several times before I caught my reflection in the mirror.

My skin looked almost transparent, my eyes fear stricken.

This girl was really beginning to get to me, and I didn't like it one bit.

***

"Good luck, love!" my mum shouted from the porch, waving me off as I headed across the drive and began walking alone down the street in the direction of my school. Every few minutes I found myself peering over my shoulder to check that Kate wasn't running after me with a knife or something. Luckily, every time I checked to see if I was risking my life in order to collect my exam results, I found that only a stray cat or a bird was behind me looking rather puzzled.

Even though Harry had promised that him and I would get our results together, he hadn't shown up at my house in order to walk with me to school, and so I assumed that he'd driven in with the boys, or possibly Kate. I felt slightly ditched again, and found my mind wandering to the few months when I didn't receive so much as a measly text message from him. Apparrently this was how our friendship worked.

I sighed as I picked up the pace a little, feeling a little sick as I wondered how I'd done on my A Levels. My GCSE results had been pretty good, as I'd picked up quite a few A's from my subjects, which meant this time I was hoping for the same sort of result.

I'd skipped breakfast this morning (which probably hadn't been my best idea to date), and I was starting to regret it now. I considered walking into town to pick up a McDonalds or something, but then decided I'd drag one of the girls with me afterwards so that we could discuss our results and what we were going to do next year.

After about five minutes of pondering over things as I walked/sprinted, I made it into school and swiftly made it to the main hall. I gained a few looks from people in their classrooms, but couldn't even force a smile as I became even more nervous by the second.

I felt that farmiliar hot and sweaty feeling as I headed into the hall, not bothering to look for my friends as I rushed over to the table to collect my envelope, shoving a few people out of the way so that I could push in line. They didn't look or sound happy as they began mumbling a few curse words under their breath, but I wasn't interested, I'd deal with them later.

After what felt like an eternity, I made it to the front of the line and snatched the envelope from the teacher. The teacher, who I recognised as my ICT teacher, gave a slight chuckle and mumbled something that I didn't care to register.

Spotting my friends huddled in a corner, I headed over to them and tried to force a smile, which probably looked more like I was about to be sick or something, which I absolutely was.

"Ready?" Becky asked, holding the envelope tightly in her hands.

The rest of the group nodded, but I shoved my envelope into Chelsea's hands and exchanged her's with mine, not able to stomach what mine probably said. The rest of the group began doing the same, the One Direction boys switched their envelopes with their girlfriends, but Chelsea kept her grip tight on my envelope, as I did with her's.

The sound of people tearing at paper filled my ears, and with a shaking hand, I pulled Chelsea's open and felt my jaw drop, seeing her Maths result.

"Oh my fucking god!" I screamed, laughing as I handed her back the piece of paper. People surrounding me also started to scream, a few of the girls even began crying as they realised that they'd got what they wanted.

Harry looked slightly disappointed as I watched him. Even though he was smiling, he shut the piece of paper in his hands and shoved it into his pocket, trying his best not to draw attention to himself. I knew that he'd not got the results he'd wanted.

I on the other hand was ecstatic, I'd wiped the slate clean and had gained all B's and A's in each of my A-Levels.

But for the moment I was too focused on Harry to even care about going to University and beginning a new life for myself, as he was now exiting the hall with a pained look on his face.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone, I hope you're all well- I haven't updated in a while, but I didn't really have the motivation so I thought I'd wait haha. Anyway, I'd really like it if you guys could comment more on my chapters, so I'm not going to post the next part until this gets at least 5 comments ;) thanks for reading! (: xx