Chapter 76

Video: When girls try to talk cute by Gotdamzo.

Gwendolyn

Xavier didn't seem to mind that I spent most of my time at Evelyn's house while everything was getting prepared.

When the Sunday before the wedding arrived he was ok with my decision.

I spent that morning getting the babies ready.

"They need to be fed a bathed at noon. And they need to be asleep by five o'clock." I told Xavier.

He nodded.

Though it reassured me a little I still told Serena to keep an eye on them.

When Evelyn arrived she stared in awe at the exterior of the house. "You have such great taste."

I got the feeling that she wasn't just talking about the house.

Xavier at the front door, watching me put my things into Evelyn's car.

Then I kissed Aliyah's forehead, I kissed Xander's forehead, I kissed Serena's forehead and I scratched Chase's ears.

Serena rolled the twins stroller back into the house to give Xavier and I a moment.

He hadn't said anything all day and I was a little worried.

"So." I said.

"You're going to be gone a whole week and that's all you've got to say to me?" He asked.

"That's all you've got to say to me?" I asked. "Cause we could leave now without sayi-"

He pulled me into a hug. "I'll meet you at the altar."

"I'll be the one in white." I said.

"I thought it was blue." He said.

"Last minute things." I said.

"So are you two going to elope right here or are we going to go?" Evelyn said impatiently.

I laughed and he kissed me.

"One day you two are going to get arrested for public indecency." Evelyn muttered.

Xavier pulled away, leaving me flustered.

"Finally." Evelyn said when I got in the car. "If he can't wait a week to do all that then he's thirsty."

"Shut up. I didn't say anything about you and Leo. You will not say anything else about Xavier and I."

"Alright. Ok." She said. "Now let's go see what Miranda has done with those bridesmaid dresses."

The ride to my old house felt like a trip down memory lane.

Almost everything was the same from the time that I had spent living there.

We found Miranda in the guest bedroom.

"Hey." I said.

"Hi. I'm almost done." She said.

There were four mannequins standing side-by-side and she was pulling a sash across the first one.

"Ok now I'm finished. What do you think?" She gestured towards the dresses.

"Perfect." I said.

Everything went well together.

"That's not even the best part." She walked around Evelyn and I and threw open the closet door.

"Oh my gosh. Miranda did you do this?" I asked, feeling the sheer white fabric.