Chapter 17

Xavier *two days later*

"We are going out." Francis marched into my gym.

I stopped punching the sand-filled bag in front of me. "So you need me to watch Ben?"

"No." He shook his head. "Just us two are going out."

"No I'm not." I said and started to take off my gloves. "I've got work tomorrow."

"I meant next weekend." He said. "And I'm not bringing you home until you loosen up a little."

"No." I walked past him and out of the doors.

He always interupted my work-outs.

"Oh come on." He trailed behind me. "You've got to go out. We can even invite that girlfriend of yours."

"She's not my girlfriend." I stopped in the middle of the hallway and leaned against the wall.

"You kissed her and according to middle school rules that makes it official." Francis stated.

"That's so childish." I muttered.

Francis shook his head. "Besides the point. We're going out and I've got a bit of leeway to bargain with."

"What could you possibly have against me?" I asked and kept walking.

"Well the other crew members of the ship and I set it up so that the both of you ironically end up at the same club together." He said unashamed. "Your receptionist is working on convincing her friend as we speak."

"Well guess what? I'm not going." I went to the kitchen to get a glass of water and seated myself.

"But wouldn't you blood just boil at the thought of her getting drunk without you to watch over her?" He asked slyly.

"She's a grown woman. She can do as she pleases." I sipped my water.

"Drinking can lead to dancing brother. Imagine any random guy grinding himself on her." He put emphasis on the two words 'Random Guy'.

I gripped the glass. "She'll be fine."

He sighed. "I met my wife at the club. After she and I danced I brought her home and we..."

The glass in my hand shattered and the stool I had occupied fell over. "Fine I'll go."

"Great I'll see you next friday." He said and left.

*****

Gwendolyn *At the same exact moment*

"Fine I'll go." I said submitting to Evelyn's request.

Maybe a night out would be good for her with all of the stress she's been dealing with.

"Yay." She clapped for some reason. "Next friday?"

"Sure." I leaned back on the living room couch and Chase got on my lap.

He just can't except the fact that he wasn't small anymore.

I stroked his ears and he decided to doze off.

Evelyn left and I watched him blink those pretty brown eyes a few times before I came to a realization.

I had yet to give Xavier my phone number. I know we don't date but it would be nice to have his number. It sounds stupid but this was how my brain processed things.