Chapter 71

Video: When your friend's mom is a sims character by Meechonmars.

Gwendolyn

Everyone stayed at the hospital for a few more hours. Just keeping each other company, until visiting hours were over.

Xavier and I argued about wether or not he should stay overnight.

I wanted him to get better as soon as possible, which he obviously wouldn't do if I was around.

He wanted to leave the hospital, claiming that a few bruises were nothing.

Just when it felt like I was winning a nurse came and discharged him.

He gave me a smug smile as he started dressing in his normal clothes.

Then I was forced to ride all the way home with him because Ivana had left already.

The tension was so thick you could've broken a butter knife trying to cut it.

Miranda called and said that everyone was in the process of being paid off and sent home and that she wanted to meet up tomorrow.

"Ok. Bye." I said.

I hung up and Xavier grabbed my hand as he rounded a corner.

I snatched it away.

"You can't seriously be that mad at me." Xavier sighed.

I ignored him and looked in the backseat.

Both babies were sound asleep and Serena was leaning against the window, dozing off.

Serena.

"Xavier we're going to have a talk when we get home." I said.

He glanced at me, hesitated and grabbed my hand again.

I pretended like I didn't notice and went back to staring out the window.

So it turns out that the three different places we were moved to took us in a complete circle. Marquis was never going to go far in the first place, just in case Xavier didn't love me as much as he let on.

The hour long drive seemed to end just like that. We were back where we started.

Xavier carried a sleeping Serena up to one of the guest bedrooms and then the twins up to the nursery.

I didn't take much time to examine the place as I bathed and properly dressed the twins.

As soon as he had laid Xander in his crib I grabbed Xavier's arm and dragged him to our room.

"I need to ask you a very important question and if you give me the wrong answer, I will no longer consider your opinion important." I pushed him onto the unmade bed. "Understood?"

"Yes ma'am." He said.

"I want to adopt Serena." I said, starting to get ready for bed.

"That's not a question." He said.

I gave him a look and he held up his hands. "Alright I'm listening."

"He had her grandfather murdered and her parents have been dead for a while now." I explained. "I asked around and the aunt that sold her off died of alcohol poisoning two weeks ago. She literally has no other family."

"You just had twins though." Xavier pointed out. "Are you sure we can handle another one?"

"She's old enough to take care of herself. She just needs a home." I said, sitting beside him. "And it's not like I can just put her on layaway."

He thought for a second. "Are you positive though?"

"Yes." I said, mentally crossing my fingers.

"Ok." He said.

"Ok?"

"We'll see what she has to say about it." He said. "Now it's my turn."

"What do you mean?" I asked as he climbed on top of me.

"I need to ask you a very important question and if you give me the wrong answer, I will no longer consider your opinion important." He said. "Understood?"

"Yes, sir." I laughed.

He smiled wickedly, sitting up so that he straddled me.

He reached behind his back, making sure to run his hand down my thighs and presented me with a blue velvet box.

Much like the one my, now destroyed, necklace came in. Though I know it isn't a necklace.

"You can come in now." He said and I heard the door open.

I blushed furiously. "Xavier, I'm naked."

"Duh. Why do you think I'm sitting here?" He said. "Besides it's Lavender and you have a shirt on."

I pouted and he rolled his eyes. "Are we rolling?"

I didn't hear a response but I'm assuming she nodded because he then turned back to me.

"Ok so I'm sure you've rehearsed this moment in your dreams a few  times and sorry if it doesn't live up to what you had in mind." He began. "Gwendolyn. I love you, you love me and we've got kids."

"Ok." I said.

"So marry me." He said. He opened the box and sat it on my stomach.

I looked down at the giant diamond ring, nestled into the silk interior of the box and sighed.

"Xavier-"

He shushed me. "It's a simple yes or yes question."

"Yes or yes?" I asked.

"If you give me the wrong answer then I'll have no choice but to marry you anyway." He said.

"You're funny." I said.

"You're stalling." He started to tickle me.

"Stop!" I screamed at him through fits of giggles.

"Then answer me." He said.

"Yes! Yes!" I yelled at him, crying now.

He didn't stop. "Full sentences please."

"Yes, I will marry you." I laughed and he finally stopped.

He took the ring out of the box and threw it aside. Then he slid the ring onto my finger. "Good."

I was still trying to get my breathing under control as Lavender handed Xavier the camera and looked down at me.

She smiled and signed 'Congrats.'

I gave her an upside down hug and then she was gone.

"Now that we are alone." He said rolling us over so that I was now sitting on top of him. "You have one month."

I scoffed. "I cant can't a wedding in one month. Theres too much to do."

"Two then. I'll pay for everything but I want it the way you like it." He said. "And I'll take care of the honeymoon."

"You want something." I said.

"I can think of a few things." He said. His eyes scanned my body.

I pecked his lips. "Thank you, Xavier."

"No." He said. "Thank you."

*****

That's all folks. So in my last book I screwed up but I won't this time.

You'll see in the next few updates.

Leah💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋