Chapter 59

Video: If wallets could talk by Meechonmars.

Xavier

"There's someone here to see you."

I pressed a button. "Who is it?"

"Some old guy." She said.

"Tell him to get out." I said sharply.

"He's already on the elevator."

I sighed and hung up as someone knocked on the door.

The door opened and he stepped cordially into my office.

"Hey." He greeted me with a smile.

"What do you want, Thomas?" I didn't spare him a glance.

"Ok so first I'd like to start by saying that I've done a lot of bad things but I am still your Father and you still respect me as such." He stood straighter.

"The man who brutally murdered my mother and my sister and got away with it, the same man who stalked my wife wants my respect? You're joking." I stared idily at the pictures spread across my desk.

One of my mother, one of Francis and I, and one of Gwendolyn and Chase.

"After Emily passed and you two left I realized that I didn't want to be as alone as I thought." He continued. "I wanted my family back but I knew I couldn't without getting myself together. So I went and got clean."

"I went and saw an old friend. He was having some problems with his daughter so i thought he might understand." He said. "I grew disgusted with myself and felt that I couldn't just die and leave my kids to hate me forever."

"Even if Francis doesn't hate you forever I still will. Do you have any idea what you subjected the both of us to? What you subjected me to?" My blood started to boil. "When Francis and I first got here I spent the first six years watching my little brother cry himself to sleep. I spent the first six years contemplating suicide but I couldn't do it because I had to do your job! It wasn't your job to take her away from us, it was your job to take care of us, your own kids! And you expect us to welcome you back with open arms?"

"No." He said quietly. "I did expect you to be angry but I did need a chance to tell you that I'm sorry and that I was jealous."

"Jealous?" I scoffed.

"Yes, I couldn't wrap my head around the fact that ever since you and your brother were born it was never Thomas and Emily anymore." He said. "She just never had enough time out of twenty-four hours to be with me. Of course she'd say hi and bye but that's about it. Everyhing was about you, especially you."

"So you killed her because you wanted her attention." I stood up and walked across the room.

"Yes, I know it was selfish but I wasn't thinking straight. I was drunk and my ange-"

He stumbled from the force of my fist but still managed to stay on his feet. "I guess I deserve that."

"You deserve so much more but she loved you for a reason, she stayed for a reason and for that same reason I forgive you." I spoke stoically. "I do not trust you but that is something that can be earned over time. I will never forgive you for taking her away from me but I forgive you're jealousy because it's human. We all get jealous sometimes."

He smiled up at me and spit into his hand. He held a broken tooth. "I guess you did get one or two things from me."

"That's how heredity works, Thomas." I walked back towards my desk. "I'm sure you know the way out."

"Thank you." Was all he said before slamming the door behind him, then he stuck his head back in. "I never spied on your wife either. I don't work with those guys anymore. They're crazy."

Then he was gone.

I felt as if a million pounds were lifted off my chest. It felt energizing and I wondered that if Gwendolyn were here, what she would do.

Then I wondered if my mother was proud of me, looking down at us just now.

******

So this one is shorter but I just had  a sudden inspiration so I acted on it. Next chapter is dedicated to a special someone that I spoke with about this subject. They know who I'm talking about.

Vote, Comment, Whatever.

Leah💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋