Chapter 28

A/N This isn't typically when I start putting Easter eggs into chapter but fuck it. There will be only one in this chapter, let me know if you find them.

Easter eggs are clues to what's going on in my next book.

*****

Gwendolyn

"I'm 24, my middle name is Scott and already know my favorite color is blue." Xavier said shifting beneath me.

"Go in depth with this description Xavier." I said adjusting myself on his lap. "I want to know everything about you."

"What else is there to know?" He put his hands on my hips.

"I don't know what's your mother's maiden name or your favorite animal." I shrugged. "Do you have a tattoo?"

"Why do I have to answer all these questions, are you going to tell me about yourself?" He asked.

"Of course." I said. "Just not now because it's your turn."

He closed his eyes. "Let's make a deal."

"Xavier, I'm not going to take off an article of clothing for every question you answer." I crossed my arms.

"Thanks for the idea but we'll save that for another time." He said. "I want a kiss for every question I answer."

"Fine." I agreed.

"So ask away." He smirked.

"Mother's maiden name." I said.

"Emilia Dawson." He answered but I didn't move.

He stared up at me. "What?"

"My kiss." He prompted.

"Oh Xavier, It's called finesse." I patted his chest. "Better luck next time."

"You and Francis are so childish." He rolled his eyes.

"Answer my questions!" I prodded his chest.

He stayed silent.

"I won't trick you this time." I promised.

"Emilia Dawson." He said quietly. "She changed her name to Emily when she married my father and took on his last name. And he had the audacity to keep it that way after she was buried."

Well damn. That was deep.

"I know you told me her death was connected to the mafia but how did she die?" I asked awkwardly.

His eyes glazed over. "She was murdered by my father. Because he didn't like who she was and because of me."

"I'm sorry I asked." I said.

He dismissed it. "She would have loved you and my sister probably would have too. If she had ever gotten a chance to live."

It didn't take me long to connect the dots. Raven-haired, green-eyed pregnant. Her eyes matched Xavier's right eye. The bright green one.

I decided to drop the topic since Xavier looked like he was having a hard time and kissed his lips briefly.

His grip on my hips tightened. "My favorite animal is a tiger. My mother always said it was my spirit animal."

I gave him another quick kiss.

"Do you have a tattoo?" I asked.

"Do you?" He asked in return.

"Actually yes." I said and got up.

I pulled my shirt up to my waist and showed him my lower back. Specifically the wolf head I had gotten 10 years ago.