Chapter 57

Video: I don't give a fuck about your cousin by King Bach (Because his cousin is Money Mayweather if any of y'all know him)

Gwendolyn

Isn't that right, Ginger?

The words echoed in my head the entire morning.

How dare he bring up my past?

It wasn't long ago that I did go by that name but not anymore.

He has no right.

"You have to eat." Serena urged me.

I had completely forgotten about the food in front of me and I took a bite, slowly chewing.

"Serena I don't know how but I'm going to get you out after I have my babies." I whispered. "You'll have to take them with you."

Serena didn't respond.

"Run until you see a car. See if they can take you to Wells industries, if not ask them to use their phone to call." I continued. "Either way ask there is a mexican lady at the front desk, her name is Evelyn."

Serena still didn't respond.

"Ask her to see Xavier. If you don't remember his name he has one blue eye and one green eye." I explained. "Tell him that you know me, tell him their names and that their his kids and tell him I'm fine."

"What will you do?" She asked finally.

"I'll stay because they'll chase if we go together." I said. "I have faith that Xavier will find me no matter where they take me. But I have to find a way to get you out."

She nodded. "I'll do it."

I nodded and shushed her as the door opened.

Miranda.

"I was not expecting you." I said and she chuckled.

"I'm being watched today." She said gathering up the dishes. As she moved there was a faint metallic clinking with every step.

"I'll need your help." I chose my words carefully.

She nodded and held out a marker. "I need both of you to sign my arm as proof that you saw me today."

I wrote my name on her arm and passed the marker to Serena who did the same.

"Thanks." She said.

And this is how is was for days after that.

They didn't let us out of the room except for parties and other ridiculous crap.

Amber brought us three meals a day Miranda came later to pick things up.

Time passed. My due date got closer and closer.

*****

Xavier

Today was my first day back in the office. Francis had convinced me not to let the company fail and my employees go unpaid.

As I stepped off the elevator I got a lot of 'where have you been's' and a few 'welcome back's. Other than that it was random staring.

Ms.Woods approached me. "Have you seen Gwendolyn? She hasn't called or texted me back."

I pulled her aside and spoke quietly. "Don't panic. She's been kidnapped."

"What the fu-!" I covered her mouth with my hand and pulled her into the nearby copy room.

After making sure we were alone I pulled my hand away. "What did I just say?"

"Fuck what you just said. What do you mean she's been kidnapped?" She asked frantically. "Is this why you've been gone so long?"

"Yes and by telling you that she's been kidnapped I mean that she's been kidnapped." I said.

She started to pace back and forth. "Well we have to find her."

"We?" I questioned.

"Yes we. Did you really expect me to not help find my best friend. The girl taught me how to be American. She taught me how to speak english and helped me when I didn't understand things. So yes, I will help save her and the babies."

"That does sound like Gwendolyn." I muttered. "I need you to manage all phone calls that went on with the phones in this building from her first day here to the present day."

"And how would this help?" She asked.

"Maybe there was a phone call for her that we can trace." I explained.

She stopped in her tracks. "There was a phone call."

"When and why wasn't I informed immediately?" I asked.

"It was last year and you and Gwendolyn were still at the...start of your relationship, I guess. She didn't want to tell you." She explained. "But when she hung up she said it was Damien and some Italian guy."

"When was this call?" I asked.

"Um..." She scratched her chin. "Not long after she started working here but I'm not sure when exactly."

"Find out." I said walking towards the door.

I continued to storm through the office. My anger at the world for taking her away from me steadily increased.

I honestly think some of my employees sensed this and stayed out of my way.

My hand clenched into a fist. The jewel of her necklace was cold and hot at the same time.

I looked through one of the many large windows in my office, down at the city below.

Where is she?

******

Heyyy
Nothing much to say really. Chapter may be short, to the point and boring but oh well. You're not writing it, I am. BTW you may not even care but when I take a long time to update I'm thinking about putting something extra in for you all.

Nah y'all don't care.

Leah💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋