Chapter 69

Video: What babies probably be thinking by Meechonmars.

Gwendolyn

He dropped the gun and it clattered noisily to the floor. "My sister's death has finally been avenged."

He wrapped his arms around himself, like he was hugging somebody, and jumped.

Xavier collapsed in my arms, but I couldn't hold him, so we both fell.

"Xavier. Look at me." I said.

His hand stroked the side of my face. "I'm alright. Just a little tired."

"Xavier, don't you dare close your eyes." I said.

"Ivana called the police." Miranda knelt next to me. "They should be here momentarily."

"Where is she?" I asked.

"Taking the children home. She's a wanted criminal and she figured it would be best if she wasn't around."

Xavier grabbed my hand, pressing it to his face. "They're so beautiful. Their names?"

"I named them Aliyah and Xander when they were two days old." I said. "Aliyah has the most beautiful laugh and Xander is just like his father."

He let out a slight laugh and scowled at me at the same time.

"What's wrong? Does something hurt?" I asked.

"Why are you wearing that?" He asked.

I looked down at my outfit. Though I was covered in dirt and grime, you could still see the sheer lingerie I had on.

"It's a long story." I sighed.

I heard police sirens outside.

"I don't want them to see you like this." He said. "There might be men police officers."

"Tell you what." I said. "I'll go home and change. Then the twins and I will come see you." I said.

He nodded. "I can agree with that."

"I'll go flag them down. You two wrap it up." Miranda said running off.

Xavier pulled me closer to him, kissing me slowly.

I pulled away, flustered. "Xavier."

"It was an impulse. Now go." He said.

"You'd better still be alive when I get back." I said over my shoulder.

I didn't give him time to respond. I ran in a full circle and hid between the stairs and the wall as multiple police and paramedics rushed by me.

Then I slipped out of the warehouse, unnoticed.

Outside there was a motorcycle leaning against a tree. Somehow nobody had noticed it yet.

There was a shiny helmet hanging off of the handlebars.

I got on the bike and pushed the power button before putting it on.

"Hey!" A voice shouted. "Who's that?"

"They're getting away!" Someone fired a gun in my direction but missed.

I fired up the engine and sped into the forest.

I drove for a little while and then hid behind some trees, as two police cars zoomed right by me.

Where is your destination?

I looked around the inside of the helmet to see a little box attatched to the side that displayed my location.

I told the disembodied voice Xavier's address.