Chapter 11

Xavier

She looked up at me from her nails. "As Coworkers? Friends?"

Why did I listen to my brother?

"No." I said and she understood.

"Oh." She said. "Sure."

"Are you being serious with me?" I asked her.

"I mean you could have chosen a better time. But yeah I don't have a problem with it." She said. "I'm free tommorow."

"Tommorow works." I said.

She looked at her watch. "Sorry to cut this conversation short but Evelyn's daughter has an appointment today and we carpooled in my car so I gotta go."

She picked up her purse and left the office. I followed soon after her and returned to my office.

Francis sat in my swivel chair. "So?"

"She said yes." I said.

"I told you." He said.

He pressed a button on the phone and spoke into it. "You can give me my money on my way out Gerald."

I heard someone curse on the other end and a few laughs.

"I can't believe this." I said.

I walked around the desk and threw him out of my chair. "My whole staff and my brother are against me."

"Suck it up Cinderella." Francis said. "You've got bigger fish to fry. You have to figure out where to take her."

"Well I can't choose based off of her taste in food. She seems to like all types of food." I told him.

"There has to be a food that she hasn't had yet." He said. "Try italian."

Why do I listen to him?

"Fine." I sighed.

"So while you sulk I'm going to collect payments. Cynthia has to go get an ultrasound and I have to go watch Benjamin." He said. "Oh and I almost forgot. It's a girl."

As soon as he exited the office I googled the best italian resturants near me.

*****

Gwendolyn

"He asked you out." Evelyn sang. "Gerald owes me money."

I stopped in front of the hospital. "Get out of my car."

She laughed and helped Amir and his sister out of the car. As soon as she shut the door I pulled off.

"He asked me out." I thought to myself.

"Nope. He wanna hit it and quit it." My subconscious echoed back.

"He asked me out." The thought made me happy.

I had to figure out what to wear.

I pulled into the driveway and hopped out.

Chase, probably sensing good news, was wagging his tail when I walked in.

I fed him and he followed me to my room.

I know it sounds unbelievable but Chase has great fashion sense.

Together we chose a dark blue, knee length dress and some dark blue, open toed prada heels.

"Good boy." I said rubbing Chase's head.

I left the room and veered towards my studio.