Chapter 58

Video: Donald Trump by King Bach

Gwendolyn *2 weeks later*

Time's up. A month is over.

He didn't find me.

It occurs to me that this, on a basic level, is a game of hide and seek.

Except there are guns, weed and crazy drug cartel people.

'Especially the weed part.' I thought to myself as I scooped up another handful and threw it in the bag.

"Alright you're done for today, fat lady." Baldy, who's actual name is Ethan, said without looking up from his phone.

Much to my disappointment he's my personal guard.

"Fuck you." I retorted, throwing another handful at him.

"No thank you." He said.

I snatched his phone and threw into the bin behind me. The one holding about five-hundred pounds of drugs.

"What the fuck?" He jumped and watched the phone be overwhelmed by the leafy green plants.

I left the room with him screaming multiple threats after me.

I made it halfway down the empty hallway before I stopped in my tracks. My pants began to feel heavier as the liquid soaked through them.

I heard footsteps and squeezed into a random closet and crouched in pain.

No. Not now. Please stay put. A few more hours. Not now.

I silently begged my children to be still. They didn't need to open their eyes to death.

I checked to see if there was anyone in the hallway before I booked it towards my room.

When I slammed the door behind me, Serena sat bolt upright in her bed. "What's wrong?"

I put my back against the door to steady myself as I tried to control my harsh breathing.

Serena knocked on the bathroom door and it swung open to reveal Miranda. "Something's wrong with her."

Miranda rolled her eyes. "They want out Gwendolyn. They can't stay there forever."

I shook my head and started to cry.

"This is the third time this has happened and I think they're growing impatient." Serena said as she and Miranda guided me towards my bed.

"I don't want my babies to see them first." My words were seperated by big gulps of air.

Serena looked confused.

"Hey, come help me move this stuff. Hurry up!" Miranda and Serena began moving everything that wasn't nailed down in front of the door.

I cried out in pain.

"How can you tell if the baby's coming?" Serena asked.

"Look for the crown." Miranda walked quickly into the bathroom. "I need something sharp."

There was pressure against the door, someone pounding on it, trying to get in.

"Gwendolyn?" I heard Amber's voice. "I was told to bring your lunch now. Can you open the door?"

Miranda came back, brandishing a pair of Persephone's hair scissors.

I couldn't withhold my sobs and swore loudly.

"Um I'll go tell somebody that your not feeling well." I heard Amber yell.

Miranda worked fast. She used the scissors to cut away my jeans, which were soaked through.

Serena stood by, rubbing my arm gently. "Did you mean a head when you said crown?"

"Yes." Miranda spread my legs at a certain angle. "Gives me some towels and the pillowcases."

Serena found these things while Miranda tried to get me to calm down.

"Ok maybe a distraction." She said. "Happiest memory?"

I thought for a minute about this, during which Miranda set the towels up between my legs.

"When I first got Chase." I said shakily, watching her every move. "He was so little and adorable."

"Like a baby?" Serena asked.

"Yes. But he grew a lot faster than babies." I started to take slower breaths.

A sudden slam against the door made me jump, causing more pain.

"The medic is here now. No need to worry." I heard Amber say.

I heard Damien shouting but couldn't understand what he was saying.

Miranda looked between my legs and pointed out something to Serena. "There's the head."

"You seem to know a lot about this." Serena said, moving closer to me and patting my shoulder.

"Well not so long ago, before this life, I wanted to Gynecologist, a person who delivers babies." Miranda explained.

The pounding on the door got more staccato as someone tried banging against it with their shoulder.

I cried harder. "Miranda, not now."

"It's not up to me. It's up to them and they've made their decision pretty clear." She stared intently between my legs. "Distraction successful, your second sac has broken."

Pain. So much pain.

"It hurts!" I sobbed at her.

"Then do you maybe want to push at some point." She said sarcastically, putting her hands on her hips. "Not to rush but I'm pretty sure they can't do it alone."

Nonetheless she told Serena to standby ready to receive the first baby.

Serena stood by Miranda's size now, holding a towel and shaking slightly.

"On three Gwendolyn." Miranda said. "You got this."

I couldn't hear her counting.

I wished into the silence that Xavier was here with me and I pushed as hard as I could.

The silence faded as a piercing wail echoed off of the walls.

*****

So yeah, there's that. And yeah. I figured it would be impossible to not include the birth so I spent this whole week trying not to give these kids a lame birth and eventually I was like fuck it.

Leah💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋