Chapter 46

Unknown

"Now?" Damien asked.

He's so eager.

"Why rush?" I leaned back in my chair.

"She's going to give birth in a few more months." He pointed out.

"I know." I said. "And then of course she'll have time off of work during which I'll get Gerald to cause a distraction in the office so that he has to leave her to fix it and while he's gone we'll pump the house full of the gas and take her and the baby."

"Where will we take them?" He paced my office.

"I was thinking Peru for the baby and we could send her to be a part of our Princesses." I watched him getting more and more stressed out.

"I request that she stays with me." He stopped in front of the desk.

"No." I said immediately. "If he's anything at all he's smart. He'll assume she's with you."

"Then I'll keep her locked up." He said. "Stay on the move."

"Too risky." I said.

"She's my girl. I can protect her." He said this like he expected me to give a damn. "Something he wouldn't assume is the both of them being together."

"Go on." I gestured to the maid beside me and she came forward to refill my cup.

"We'll let him see them spliting up and then secretly bring them back together." He said. "Then we lure him into a trap once he hits rock bottom. You get to kill him and I get the girl. Simple."

"And the baby?" I questioned.

"Bait." He said immediately.

"It seems like you've been thinking about this for a while." I got up from my chair.

"I'd rather she wasn't a prostitute." He said.

"So a personal prostitute then?" I left the office and he silently followed me.

"No. I'll marry her." He said.

"She's not going to marry you after her child is dead because of you." I pointed out.

A girl with frizzy, blue curls dressed in purple lingerie stopped in front of me. "Hey Daddy."

"Catalina." I smiled at her and she blushed.

She was one of our princesses.

"Should I visit your room again tonight?" She trailed her hands down my chest.

"After lunch. I've got plans for tonight." I told her.

She giggled and turned around, sliding her body against mine. "You know where to find me when you're ready."

"You know she'd do anything I ask her to." I told Damien after she walked away. "That's why I sent both her and her sister to that interview. I needed them to survey the place for anything that might help or hinder our cause."

"Her sister still has yet to adjust." Damien said and I spied Macy being led by another mafioso into a private room.

"Their father sold them to us about 3 months before he started interviewing so I figured because they knew so little about us they'd be good for that job." I strolled out of the room and came to the mapping room. "Come now. Let's map out our new plan."

*****

Gwendolyn

"Xavier this is so pretty." I stared in awe at the flowers surrounding me.

"I noticed your obvious love of flowers." He stood slightly behind me with his hands in his pockets.

I ran my hands across the buds that had yet to bloom. "Xavier this was really thoughtful."

He wrapped his arms around my waist from behind, handing me a box. "Also for you."

I opened the box and a shiny sapphire necklace was nestled into the soft velvet. "Xavier this looks expensive."

"Gwendolyn I've got money to spare and then some. I intend to spend it all on my family." He said this proudly. "I've decided I want both of them to look exactly like you."

"Exactly like me?" I questioned.

"Exactly like you." He stated and took the box from my hands.

He took it out of the box and I held my hair up as he fastened it around my neck.

The sapphire glimmered in the moonlight and he grabbed my hand, twirling me slowly.

"I love you Gwendolyn." He rested his forehead against mine.

"I love you Xavier." I said and one of his hands rubbed my belly.

I felt a tiny but sudden jolt inside of me and Xavier snatched his hand away. "It moved!"

I rolled my eyes at his antics. "I'd prefer if you didn't call our children an 'it'."

He gave me a look. "Is something wrong with them?"

"No. Quickening is completely normal." I grabbed his hand and placed it on my stomach. "See?"

I felt the little nudge again and Xavier's expression changed from confused to curious.

I would have laughed if this moment wasn't so sacred.

*****

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Had to get a new update out to celebrate. The rest of y'all can party or kiss your gf/bf at midnight. But for normal, un social people like me there is sleep.

Word of the update:

2018 resolutions?

A: Catch up on sleep.

Leah🎊🎊🎊🎊🎊🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉