Chapter 40

Video: When the person you hate tries to give you advice by Reggie Couz.

Gwendolyn

"Xavier are you, OK?" I asked getting up from the couch in his office.

"I'm fine, love." He responded. "Are you OK?"

Leave it to him to be worried about me when I'm worrying about him.

"Gwendolyn." He said my name playfully.

"I'm fine." I said. "Xavier take off your shirt."

"Gwendolyn we're at work." He said. "You really can't wait a few more hours."

"Take off the damn shirt." I smacked the side of his head.

"Alright." He removed his jacket and then his shirt.

I smacked the side of his head again. "Xavier why didn't you tell me I was hurting you?"

The little red marks that were scattered across his back and upper arms stood out amongst all the black ink.

"It's partly my fault anyway." He said. Making excuses for me. "I didn't want to stop."

"Xavier!" I blushed.

He laughed and flinched at the pain.

"Ok. All jokes aside, where's your first aid kit." I asked.

"The bathroom." He said.

"Lay on the couch." I said and went to get the first aid kit.

When I came back he way laying in a prone position on the couch.

I sat on his butt, straddling his waist and searched the kit.

I was able to come up with some salve and a bandage.

He cursed when I started to apply the healing gel and swore very loudly when I pressed the bandage to it.

"Xavier I'm sorry." I felt terrible.

All this time he's been worried about hurting me when I've just been hurting him.

A lone tear slid down my cheek.

It hit Xavier's face and his eyes immediately focused on me.

"I didn't mean to hurt you." I said quietly.

His arms lifted me momentarily as he rolled over underneath me and sat me back down so that I was still straddling him but sitting on a more intimate place.

"Gwendolyn I'm fine." His eyes swirled with a mixture of concern and worry. "Please stop crying."

"You're lying to me. You're not fine." I punched his chest and he winced involuntarily.

I covered my face with my hands. "I'm sorry."

He pulled my hands away from my face. "Don't be. It hurt but it's nice to know that my girl can pack a punch."

I flustered when he referred to me as his. "Xavier I'm so-"

Before I could finish my apology he had pulled my head towards his and put his lips on mine.

I kissed him back but pulled away seconds later. "Xavier-"

He shushed me and forced my mouth open, exploring my entire mouth.

I moaned slightly and he smirked against my lips. A distraction.

I put my hands on his naked chest and his landed on my hips.

Then his phone started to ring.

He cursed. "Gwendolyn would you get that for me?"

I got up and answered the call, putting it on speakerphone.

"Mr.Wells? A Thomas Granger is demanding to see you." Evelyn's voice echoed through the room.

Xavier tensed. I walked back to him. "Xavier."

"He has a lot of nerve." Xavier voice was rough.

"Xavier look at me." I put my hand on his arm.

Both of his eyes which had previously been soft and calm were not burning with a fury so hot that they were damn near black.

"Do you want me to stay?" I asked in fear that something might happen.

Xavier got up and put his shirt back on. "Send him in, Ms.Woods."

He hung up the phone and put on his jacket. "Gwendolyn fix your skirt."

"What?" I looked down at myself and my skirt zipper was about halfway down. "Xavier!"

Once I had straightened myself out I pulled him back to the couch. "Behave."

"If he so much as looks at you the wrong way-" Xavier looked towards the door as it opened slowly.

I turned his face back in my direction. " Focus on me. I'm right here."

He nodded and who I'm assuming was his father entered the office.

I had a bad feeling about the guy already. He was clearly the source of Xavier's height and blue eye but other than that they were polar opposites.

Xavier had a full head of black, curly hair while his father had barely half a head of thin, gray strands of hair.

Speaking of Xavier, he had pulled me into his lap and I put my head on his chest.

"Hey son. Long time, no see." Thomas said still getting closer.

"Not a damn step closer." Xavier didn't spare the guy a glance as his fingers tangled in my hair. "How did you find me?"

"Oh please. You're on the face of every magazine. Can't an old man get curious about how his kids our doing." Thomas stopped a few feet away.

"We weren't your kids 15 years ago when you murdered our mother." Xavier spoke harshly. "But now we've prospered without you, you're all of sudden our father again?"

I flinched at the sound of Xavier's voice and he grabbed my hand, squeezing it slightly.

Thomas finally seemed to notice me. "So are you going to introduce me to your lady friend?"

"No." Xavier said.

There was knock on the door and Benjamin's little head poked through the door. "Uncle?"

"Ben, how many times do I have to tell you not to run away from Mommy. You know she can't chase you." Francis pushed open the door and stopped immediately.

"Great! It's a family reunion." Thomas stood up and walked towards Francis. "And it seems I have some new people to meet."

*****

Heyy
So yeah here's the update. That's all I have to say really.

Word of the update:

Fear.

A: Unconditional and able to be broken.

Leah💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋