Chapter 74

Video: Teachers hate this by Meechonmars.

Gwendolyn

I searched my purse for my phone. As soon as I answered Serena's worried voice filled my ears.

"Something is wrong with him." She said.

"Xander?" I asked.

"Xavier." She said.

I rolled my eyes. "What's the matter?"

"He's not moving and his breathing is shallow." She explained.

"I'm on my way." I hung up and sped up.

I shouldn't have left him alone. Of all times.

I arrived at the house and threw open the door. "Serena?"

"We're in here." She said.

I ran into the kitchen to see Xavier laying face down on the floor.

"What the hell happened?" I asked.

"I don't know. I heard a crash and found him like this." She said.

I leaned down and shook his shoulders. "Wake up."

I rolled him over onto his back. "Xavier, wake up."

He let out a sudden breath.

"Are you ok?" I asked.

He took in a lot of air, like he hadn't been able to breath.

"Xavier, what's wrong with you?" I asked.

"I saw my mother again." He said.

Again? So he's seen her before?

"Can you move?" I asked. "Go upstairs and lie down. We can talk about it later."

His movements were off and slow but he managed to stumbled out of the kitchen and upstairs.

"Did you eat?" I asked Serena, taking her attention away from Xavier.

"Yes. He gave me my own notebook and he said that-" She stopped abruptly.

"What did Xavier tell you when I was gone?" I asked. He's not one to keep secrets.

"He says that you wanted to adopt me." She said quietly. "So I said ok."

I apparently lost my voice just now so all I did was smile.

"That's great Serena. How about we get you a room and something to do while I speak with Xavier?"

She nodded. "The babies?"

"Put them in their cribs and don't forget to turn on the baby monitor." I instructed and she nodded. "You can stay in the room where you slept yesterday."

She walked off and I started heading towards me and Xavier's room.

I found him sprawled on the floor of the closet with a picture book in his hand.

"Xavier. When I said lay down I didn't mean on the floor." I sighed.

"I'm sorry. But I had to see." He said, getting up.

"Take it easy." I said, letting him lean on me for a second. "You want to talk about it?"

He nodded, sitting on the edge of the bed and pulling me down next to him.

"I saw my mother." He said again. "She felt real."

I felt his forehead.

He pushed my hands away. "If I had a fever it would have spread by now."

"Dont you take that tone with me." I stood up, defensive. "My bad for being concerned."

He let out a breath, pulling me onto his lap. "I'm sorry. But it was so real. I felt everything."

"Tell me about it."

"I think it was deja vū." He said. "When I woke up she was there and my father. We were a happy family."

I nodded, urging him to continue.

"It showed me what would have happened if my mother hadn't died. I think I understand now." He said.

"Explain it to me." I said.

It might help if he lets everything out.

"If my mother hadn't died, Francis and I would have never left. He wouldn't have met his wife and had his kids. I wouldn't have met Katia. She wouldn't have been walking down that street. I wouldn't have met you." He said. "So in a way. I guess my mother's death played a significant role in us being together."

"That's pretty spot on for a dream." I said.

"It is." He said. "I think it's because I keep wishing that she weren't dead." 

So it was a vision. 

"I think it's time that I finally accept the obvious and stop hoping that somehow I can change it." He said sadly. "Invite my father to the wedding. I'd like to ask him something."

I nodded, making a mental note to go get the binder out of my car. 

"Other than that, did you enjoy yourself?" He asked.

"Actually yes." I said. "There was lots of good news."

"Good." He said and I was relived he hadn't asked for me to explain. 

 There was a slight pause. "How was your day with the kids?"

"Serena taught me how to prepare baby formula and change diapers." He said. "She knows a lot despite being sheltered her entire life."

I smirked. "You know since I only have two months to plan a whole wedding, you'll be spending a lot of time with them."

He nodded. "I can do that."

He kissed me slowly and then rolled us over.

"Xavier. I just got here." I said.

"I know but it's been a long day. I've got to make up for what I missed the entire time you were gone." He kissed my neck.

"Xavier the kids are practically next door." I said.

"We can be quiet." He said.

I let out a low breath. "Xavier."

"We've got time Gwendolyn. I'll be quick." He said.

His hands worked their way into my pants and I was pretty much sold.

"I love you." He whispered in my ear.

"I love you." I said back.

********

I spent sometime wondering what I should say and then I remembered that y'all are only here for the chapter and the video.

Leah💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋