Chapter 67

Video: Miss America vs Miss Compton my King Bach.

Xavier

"I'm married you sick bastard." Her voice crackled due to our weak signal.

"I thank you again for planting that microphone, Ivana." I said into my headset.

"I still want an all expenses paid trip to the Bahamas." She responded.

"Cover your ears. I found a bomb under the second van." I said.

"Where is it?" She asked.

The ground exploded about twenty feet in front of my car, causing it to jolt violently.

Once it was still again something heavy hit the sunroof and rolled off. Ivana glared at me through the passenger side window. "It better have been under a compressor and I want to add a maseuss to that package."

She climbed on top of the car and jumped back into the trees.

"Their spliting up." She grumbled a second later."Gwendolyn and Marquis in one van and everybody else in the other."

"Trail the second van." I said starting up the car. "Circle around and follow me."

"What am I? A babysitter?" She complained. "I suppose you're going to go play hero?"

"Anything for a maiden in distress." I said. I drove the car slowly into the woods as both vans pulled away and branched off in different directions.

"You're damn right. I'm leaving on Friday." She said. "Don't go alone. Give me twenty minutes."

The trees hid me and nature quieted my approach.

What is he doing?

******

Gwendolyn

"It's been four hours of dead silence back there. What are you plotting?" Marquis asked.

I flipped him off and resumed my staring contest with the wall.

"I want to let you know now, before we arrive, he's near. But don't try anything." He held a garage opener. "This button detonates a bomb attached to the bottom of the other van."

I ignored him again and prayed silently that even if I did die today, Xavier wouldn't. He needs to take care of our children.

The van took a sudden turn and I was nearly thrown against the wall.

We stopped about five minutes later. Marquis and his body guard exited the vehicle while another firmly-built man yanked me from the van.

I was surrounded and led into some old-looking warehouse. I felt somebody's eyes on my back as the doors were slammed shut.

"You should feel glad." Marquis said, pushing me into a cage. "You get front row seats to my grand finale."

I spit through the bars as a huge padlock was locked to keep me in.

He laughed. "Take her up."

A crane lowered from the ceiling and I fell hard as the cage was snatched up. The crane moved slowly back up to the center of the ceiling and stopped.

I could now see every point in the room.

'Front row seats' I thought.

My ears picked up the sound of Marquis giving orders.

"He followed us here. Search the trees." He was saying. "It won't be long now."

He walked around to some stairs and started to climb. One story, two stories, until he was almost level with me. "I feel like I should tell you why I'm doing this."

"But unfortunately for you, I don't give a shit." I said.

"So you promise you won't ask why I'm doing this when I've killed him." Marquis said.

"Childish." I scoffed.

He laughed. "Yet you're the one locked in a cage."

In the time it took me to respond two things happened.

Somewhere nearby glass shattered and a bleak smoke filled the room. I covered my mouth but I couldn't stop the coughing.

"He's two minutes early." I heard Marquis's voice somewhere to my right.

Everything below me was covered in the mist as far as I could see. But due to me being up so high it didn't affect me much.

Then there were tiny sounds of something flying through the air and multiple bodies hitting the ground.

The lights went out and Marquis cursed. "Call him."

"No." I said.

In the darkness I heard him take out his weapon. "You've got three seconds before I press this button."

"No." I felt the cage shake as I threw myself against the door. "They're just children!"

"One second." He said and something else crashed in the darkness below.

I took a deep breath but I was too late. I heard the beep as he pressed the button.

My legs couldn't support my body anymore and gave out. I slumped to the floor and screamed in frustration. Tears clouded my vision.

I'm such a bad mom. They didn't even have their first birthday and it's all my fault.

Me and my horrible taste in men.

I sobbed as the lights came back on, wishing they would let the cage fall.

I heard a baby's soft laughter and started to cry harder. Aliyah's laugh would haunt me forever.

The laughing got louder, closer.

"Don't take another step." Marquis growled at someone below.

He began to descend the many stairs between him and Xavier. "Drop your weapons or I drop her."

I didn't want to see him down there. I couldn't look at him now. But I had no choice as my body moved of it's own accord, poising itself at the bars so that I could look through.

Xavier stood opposite me, looking straight at me. He was surrounded by at least four guns, grenades and a lot of ammunition.

"Welcome. Now the party can really start." Marquis said.

******

Hey hey hey, So as I said on my last update. I'm sorry but my phone and I have been struggling. In my mind my phone will start singing drake every time it's close to dying.

Phone: "I've been here for a good time, not a long time, you know I.."

And then it's like that vine that none of you probably remember.

Me: "Oh don't do it."

Phone: *dies for two days*

Me: "Oh my gosh."

It's just ongoing.

Leah💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋