Chapter 43

Video: Prince be like... By Reggie Couz.

Gwendolyn

I didn't put up a fight when Xavier woke me up for my appointment. Even though it was at 8 in the morning.

He said we had so much to do afterwards so I didn't complain.

When Dr.Buns turned the machine on this time I was suprised.

The babies had developed a lot. They looked more like babies now.

Dr.Buns scribbled something on his clipboard. "Would you like the sexes to be a surprise?"

I nodded and he left to give Xavier and I a moment alone.

"I've realized that after these babies are born you'll have less time for me." Xavier helped me off of the table.

"You don't know that." I started to put my clothes back on.

"Yes I do." He zipped up my skirt.

"Is that really your only concern?" I stepped into my heels.

I motioned for him to lower his head and wrapped my arms around his neck. "I'll make time for you Xavier."

He smiled at me and Dr.Buns came back, handing him another envelope.

After this appointment Xavier took me to a hardware store and let me choose furniture and paint for the nursery.

We got everything in white because we didn't know the genders yet.

Xavier bought some Chinese food and we went home, having nothing else to do.

The next day we went to work and at home he worked on the nursery late into the night.

It was like this day after day, week after week. I don't think he's slept more than 4 hours a week in the past 2 months.

He went with me to each appointment but then went right back to work when we got home.

"No." I stood in front of Xavier, blocking his way. "No. No. No."

"Gwendolyn it's not going to get finished if I don't do it." He looked down at me.

"You work too much." I pushed him back. "The babies aren't even born and you're already ignoring them."

"Gwendolyn I've seen every ultrasound. I know they're there." He followed me as I marched away from him. "I know you're here."

"Do you really? How many times have you kissed me in the past month Xavier?" I asked him. "Then tell me how many times you've crawled into bed past midnight and left again the next night without so much as a 'good night'!"

I was screaming at him now but I didn't care. I blamed the tears on my pregnancy. Then again I knew he couldn't stand to see me cry.

I walked into our room and shut the door behind me but he opened it again. "Gwendolyn."

"What?" I snapped back at him and sat on the edge of the bed.

He held my face in his hands and brushed my tears away. "I never meant to hurt you. You know I didn't do it on purpose."

"Whatever." I tried to shake him off but he wouldn't let go. "Leave me alone Xavier."

"Never." He said and pulled me into his arms.

"Let go of me." I didn't struggle in his arms. I didn't want him to let go.

"No." He kissed the top of my head. "I'm sorry if you felt like I abandoned you."

"I'm sorry that I made you cry." He continued. "I'm sorry that I didn't realize I was neglecting you."

My tears stopped and I wished this moment could last forever.

"I'm sorry that I haven't been treating you like the beautiful Queen that you are." He kissed my cheek.

I blushed at his words. "Stop it Xavier."

"No. I know I can never get back lost time but I can ask for forgiveness." He kissed my other cheek "I'm sorry for not appreciating you and what you do for me."

"Ok. Ok. You're forgiven." I laughed.

"Today we are going to do what you want." He stood up pulling me with him. "So what do you want to do?"

I pulled him back towards the bed and lay down. "Nap."

"That's it?" He asked but laid down beside me nonetheless.

"Yep." I said cheerfully.

He pulled me closer to his body and once again used my breasts as his pillow. This time I didn't mind at all.

As expected he fell asleep rather quickly.

I smiled at the little noises he made in his sleep. I loved seeing him like this.

At peace I mean. His muscles have all relaxed and he looks adorable when he sleeps.

I put my hands in his hair, strategically massaging his scalp and he moaned in response.

I snickered.

I love him.

The thought pushed its way to the center of every thought I'd had since I met Xavier.

I love him.

I felt like screaming it to the world. But instead I cried of my own accord this time.

I turned my face away so that none of my tears landed on him.

I couldn't admit to him that I loved him.

He wouldn't accept it.

He wouldn't love me back. He couldn't.

This would end with my heart breaking.

The only reason I'm still here is because I carry his babies.

Maybe after all this mafia shit has calmed down...

No. It was too much to hope for.

The thought shook me to my very last bone.

He owned my heart and I feared he would walk over it.

No. I didn't want to let this happen. But it would. If I didn't work hard to prevent.

I love him.

Need him.

Want him.

Now all I have to do is get him to love me.

*****

*yawns* Damn I'm sleepy but I had to write because it's not good to sleep all day apparently.

But nvm

Word of the update:

Fire.

A: Food.

Leah💋💋💋💋💋💋💋💋