[Chapter Six]

"With just a look,

They shook,

And heavens bowed before him."

-"Miss Murder"

====================================

The next morning I had been up early and walking the fields.

My thoughts were in order since the talk I had faced with Adrik last night and I had felt a weight being taken off of my slim shoulders. It was no surprise when he said he wanted to talk about our future together, but it was a shock when he was thinking of changing our plans completely.

"Why don't we spend a full year after marriage, then divorce? I understand that it is going against everything we looked forward to, but after all that we have been through I think the time extent is fair. I do not see the future, therefore I will not know of my parents's thoughts of a quick divorce after marriage or if that there is a certain time before I am able to take the throne after we wed. But, as the wedding approaches sooner I think I will start researching further."

At that time, I was silent. I had no idea how to respond or take in what he was saying at all. It was overwhelming that he would sacrifice another year with me, a woman he would not, could not, love just for the title of King.

And it made me wonder, just how far would he go to gain the title?

I did not dwell too much on the questions and facts, but if Adrik and I had to birth a child before he could become King I wondered if he was able to follow through.

Or if I would follow through?

I had not thought much on the fact of raising a family. When I was younger I hated the fact that I could not have the fancy, materialistic dresses like most girls my age pranced around in. I had wanted so many things in life that I never had the chance to experience but as I grew older I became more accustomed to what my family did and did not have.

In fact, I had became thankful just knowing we had enough food for supper everyday.

I never once thought or dreamt of bringing a child into such harsh conditions, facing what I had to see and live through. But, royalty never let a child go unfed in their home nor let them walk around with dirt and grime glued to their skin.

Royals never let their own children go unnoticed or under appreciated.

And if I had to bare a child with Adrik, I knew I could not not love it. It was a part of me as Adrik, no matter how much they looked like either of us. I would love it until I burst of such happiness and joy of my own flesh and blood. I would give that child every experience, whether to ride on a small horse or play with other royal children.

If they were a girl, I would buy her the cutest dresses so she could show them off. And invited other princesses over for tea party's, or slumber party's.

As for a boy, he would grow up knowing how tolive amoung others. To love and cherise humans just as much as vampires, to have an equal balance in power between the two.

I found myself thinking of scenarios of little children with dark black hair roaming the halls of the manor, or teasing Adrik while he was busy working.

"Careful! Those flowers have thorns!" Someone yelled to me as my finger pricked onto a rose bush. The sharp thorns were glimmering under the sunlight, practically shinning with joy as someone fell to it's malicious threat.

Clicking my tongue at the sight of the cut, I held the wounded finger closer to me.

The stranger whom tried to help me out came running uo behind me, placing their hand on my shoulder. "Are you alright?" They asked, their voice sounded awfully familiar yet I had never seen their face before.

The man had pure blue eyes, like the oceans of the islands down south of the equator. His blond hair was being carelessly thrown with the wind, not once bothering him. He had such soft features, you knew as a child he was a mother's favorite.

"I am a little bit stunned, but I will manage." I answered, frowning at the glob of blood oozing from the small prick. It seemed like nothing but I knew untreated it could get badly infected. Leaving my escapades for later when it became sunset, I made my way back to the manor, the stranger following silently.

"Let me help you with that." He mumbled, bringing me over to an unoccupied sink in the kitchen. He ran the cold water over the cut, holding my hand firmly in his. It was then that my mind familiarised the voice with the one from last night -- Adrik's friend with advice.

As he let the blood drain away, he wrapped it in a cloth and gave my hand back to me with a smile.

"Thank you. . ." I trailed, not knowing his name yet to properly give him my sincerest thanks.

"Luc." He said, "My name is Luc."