[Chapter Seven]

"Her bone structure screams,

Touch her touch her,

And she's got the curse of curves."

-"Curse Of The Curves"

========================================

As I walked through the hallway of the manor, clutching my now bandaged fingers to my chest, I couldn't help but wonder how I had never met Luc before. It was not like the manor was extremely grand, where I could not know half the people in it. I knew most of the royal family's friends and relatives lived amoung us in the manor and most of the others were servants.

But the fact that Luc was Adrik's close friends, bugged me. I should have seen him around at dinner party's, or balls or even in the rooms while roaming around. I should have known his face way before yesterday, but I hadn't.

The moment I stepped foot inside my room, the air changed drastically.

Adrik was looking out the window, his arms crossed over his chest as his piercing sapphire eyes caught mine hostage.

"Where were you?" He inquired, voice stern.

"I went out for a walk and I pricked my finger on a thorn bush, so I had to fix that. Why, did something happen?"

He shook his head, his hair making a curtain to mask his facial features. "No, but I was curious as to why I smelt my friend's scent all over you. In all honesty, I figured you were being unfaithful." He had said it so nonchalantly, it made my blood boil.

How dare he assume I'm some petty whore.

"You must have learned by now that I am as loyal to you as you are to your covenant and country. I will not go around letting myself become feeled up by any man in walking distance."

Adrik's head snapped back to me, his eyes glaring and glowing. "Do not talk back to me in that tongue, woman. You are lucky I am simply speaking to you about this concern, not my parents. If that were the case you would have been stoned or hung just by my juresdiction. I have more power and say over you, learn that."

"I have enough power to defend myself against slander, it's a God given right passed down to me. The fact that you accused me of something so malicious and sinful worries me. Are you wondering how loyal I am to you, Adrik? Because I have been nothing but a shadow to you this entire time we have been engaged! And that fact that you throw me under so easily, after everything I have withstood for you, disgusts me."

In an instant, my mouth had gotten me into trouble. Adrik pinned me against the door, his hands at either side of my head while his fangs were threatening and gleaming under the light in the room. "I said, do not talk back to me like you have recently grown a spine. You should know your boundries in this society, women never have a say in anything -- get used to it. The only thing you are to me is an escape, and if it comes down to it that you are bound to mefor eternity get it through your head that the only things you will be useful to me is birthing my children and doing my orders."

The swirling feelings of confidence and anger had disappated as quickly as they had come, earning a shiver of fear from Adrik's words. My silence seemed to anger him further, fueling the pent up rage he had against me the entire time our plans foiled.

Pulling me from the door he threw me onto the bed, my wrists caught in the palms of his hands. "What is the matter, vampire caught your tongue?"

Turning my head away from him, I bit my lip to keep myself from crying out in pain from his strong grasp of my deliciate limb.

"It seems you have left your spine at the door, wife."

It had just began to hit me, that if worse came to worse this was someone who I would be bound to for eternity. To possibly face his abuse and anger towards me every day. That I would never see the side of true love in it's purest form -- only the feelings of hatred and didgust. That alone made me sob for a new life, a new future.