{Jamilton} Freedom of Fighting (2)

Start from the beginning

Only one other person was in the small shop, other than the workers.  I placed my order and they finished quickly.  I paid and thanked them before leaving.  I could tell I looked like shit because of how they looked at me with such pity. 

I ignored that deep feeling in my gut as I was almost late for class.  I got in the building and sat in the back.  No one noticed I was there.  Lafayette, the one friend I usually sat next to in the front, was looking around for me.  When he caught my eyes, I quickly looked down.  I couldn't see his reaction. 

Class soon began with Mr.Adams teaching the class.  I didn't like Adams, but he was something I had to deal with. 

Class ended as soon as it began.  I picked myself up along with my bag and empty cup and walked out before anyone else could even grab anything to put away.  I threw my cup away in the garbage outside of the classroom, walking quickly to get back to my dorm. 

"Alexander!" I heard the Frenchman call out.  I had to stop or he'd probably chase me home.  I stayed facing forwards though, my head held high as I looked straight ahead.  I sniffed and stiffened as I felt a hand on my shoulder.  "Mon ami, are you okay?"

I laughed with no emotion held in it.  "Non."

"What's wrong?"

"It's nothing to be concerned of," I felt myself whisper.  I told Lafayette what happened with my family.  I told the other 3 of my friends.  I never told the Sisters or Maria, or anyone else on that matter.  I didn't even tell Washington. 

"Alex, you were crying," my face was lifted to meet Lafayette's eyes.  Tears started filling up again as I looked into his brown eyes.  "I-," my breath caught in my throat as I let out a sob.  It sounded broken. 

Lafayette pulled me into a hug, asking no further questions about why I was crying as I hid my face in his chest, letting out muffled sobs as he held me.  "Is it alright if I text Hercules and John?" He asked me quietly.  I nodded into his shirt as I let the tears slide down my face, soaking Laf's shirt. 

I knew he was texting as he kept one arm around me, letting me know he was there for me.  I was quiet now, sniffling and just letting the tears flow. I felt Laf's other arm wrap around me as footsteps were heard. "Jefferson," Laf growled. I stiffened at that name and separated myself from Laf.

"I need to go," I mumble quickly and tried to run off, but Laf caught my arm. Why was he such a good friend?

"Wait, I need to know what's wrong," he replies quickly.

"Hamilton," the southern accented man called, I tried to rub my arm away from Laf, tears piling in my eyes again.

"Let me go, Lafayette!" I called, my hand going to Laf's wrist as he held on tighter.

"Alex, just wait, please," I looked into Laf's eyes that begged me to stay. I let my guard down as I was pulled over to him again. He didn't hug me, though, just placed me behind him with his hand still on my arm. "What do you want, Jefferson?"

"I want to speak with Hamilton," Jefferson replied with anger laced in his tone.

"You can't. You aren't allowed to," Lafayette told him, letting my arm go and grabbing my hand as a friendly gesture. He's always been that friend who cared for everyone, even if it meant holding hands.