XI. Mr. Guevarra?

Start from the beginning

Part of me is wishing he'll slowly walk away from me and just leave me here alone in this party but no, he snatched my wrist and began walking to God knows where.

"W-where are we going, Mr. Guava, I mean, Mr. Guevarra?" I asked as I tugged my hand away from his grip.

"We're going to have a drink and enjoy the party, Ms. Wright," replied Raymond and I can now feel the stares of the other guests. Raising their brow at me as they began whispering to each other.

"I'm going to show you all the things I bought abroad. I hauled them inside my bedroom," he stated as he smirked devilishly to me.

The moment my ears heard the word "bedroom", I knew something bad was going to happen. Call me paranoid or what but I don't care, this man is mad.

"I'm going to tell you about the country I visited last month, Miss Wright. They're rich in resources but no beautiful women, I must say," he added.

I am so close to screaming on top of my lungs and making a scene in which this guy right here would be humiliated in front of everyone.

I was about to pinch his arm or bite his hand when suddenly, we heard a familiar fake cough. It's my first time feeling really thankful to hear this cough.

And there in front of us is Leo with his right hand on top of Raymond's shoulder.

"Thanks for entertaining her for a while, Mr. Guava, I mean, Mr. Guevarra," said Leo.

"No problem, Mr. Finley. Have a great night," replied Raymond and I can tell he was about to continue walking along with me when Leo held my wrist.

"Wouldn't it be rude for you to just leave your other guests here?" asked Leo, his brow raising.

"They can wait, Mr. Finley. A little chit chat with Miss Wright wouldn't hurt, right?" I can tell Raymond is getting pissed at what Leo is doing.

"The thing is, I don't think Miss Wright is interested in listening to your boastful and exaggerated stories so if you don't mind, excuse us, Mr. Guava." said Leo as he shook Raymond's hand which made him let me go.

"Oh, I do mind, Mr. Finley and may I remind you, you are in my house so watch it," Raymond stated and I can tell he was about to hold my hand once again when Leo began walking away from him, his hand wrapped around my wrist.

And now, we are all alone outside. Here in this garden. Here in Raymond Guevarra's house. The sounds of laughter and music can still be heard here. It's dark here.

As Leo led me outside, we, I mean Leo was greeted a thousand times by the other guests. Some were saluting since he is a soldier even though he is not wearing a soldier uniform. This only means he is a famous soldier. I wonder what his rank is.

Raymond even managed to holler, "Let's dance later, Miss Wright," at me. His unexpected action made the other guest look at me.

"T-thanks for rescuing me from that psycho, Mr. Finley," I stammered, looking down at our shoes.

Suddenly remembering what happened a few hours ago. That he just saw me in my undergarments. How I wish I had the power to erase memories.

I heard no reply from him which made me look up from the ground.

That just made me realize that his hand is still wrapped around my wrist, his eyes focused on my face and is a few inches away from mine. His face was unreadable.

For some reason, it's starting to worry that the other guests will begin noticing Me. Finley's absence since I figured he is one prominent Victorian person.

And when they see us, standing outside, just the two of us, they'll think we have a relationship. Mr. Finley, the well-known soldier, has a secret relationship with the Bennetts' housemaid.

"He may have nice hair and eyes but that doesn't mean he can sleep with me," I said, rolling my eyes heavenwards.

Leo then looked at me directly in the eyes which made me want to look sideways but I'm afraid that if I shifted my eyes somewhere, he'll think I like him or something.

So, yes, let the staring contest begin.

"I don't really find his eyes really...you know, nice, Miss Wright. In terms of his hair, he only managed to get it so shiny because of the products he kept on using from his trips," Leo replied which seriously made me wanna laugh really hard.

"Remind me later when I see him to tell him to please give me a couple of these hair products for you to use," I uttered as I forced myself to look serious.

Leo then unconsciously ran his fingers through his dark hair and said, "I-i don't need any of those silly witchcrafts,"

"Hair products are not witchcraft, Mister Finley," I exclaimed as I forced myself not to laugh out loud.

Even in the dark, Leo's temple is still full of sweat. Why does he keep sweating so much by the way?

"Where's your legendary top hat, by the way?" I asked, rolling my eyes. Doing my very best in forgetting the scene a while ago in which he saw me in my undergarments.

But Leo didn't reply. Instead, he just stared at me. Creepily. Goodness gracious, I want to punch him in the head or where it hurts the most right now for acting like this.

"I-i told you, Raymond is far from being your dream guy," he suddenly blurted out.

I found myself thanking that it is dark outside because in that way, he cannot see how hard I am blushing right now.

"What made you say that? You don't even know what I look for in a guy," I replied, rolling my eyes. Trying my very best to make this conversation light. Less awkward.

I can tell Leo was about to say something when we began hearing footsteps and there in front of us is Leo's friend.

"What are you guys doing here?" Augustus asked, his arms crossed.

Augustus' brows immediately met the moment his eyes laid on Leo's hand wrapped around my wrist.

———

Guys, whoever is reading my story, thank you very much. Regardless of its views and votes, I will do my very best in finishing this novel. :))

Don't forget to leave a comment and a vote. Hahaha! I know I just sounded really pretentious because I just mentioned that I will finish this novel regardless of its view and votes and look at me, begging for comments and votes. Hahaha!