XI. Mr. Guevarra?

Start from the beginning

It almost made me wanna holler at them and say, "Get a room, you guys,"

My jaw seriously did drop when the carriage had stopped for I cannot believe what beauty am I seeing right now.

Judy and Jacob began walking into the house before I had time to react. Judy turned her head in my direction and wink at me and said, "I'm sure the boys are on their way, for now, let us focus on getting you married to Raymond,"

Inside is something that is far more beautiful that I can imagine. In front of me are a dazzling interior and dozens of eye-catching ball gowns. On the side is a man, perhaps in his mid-thirties playing the piano.

I know this may sound totally crazy but almost all of them stop what they're doing to turn their attention towards us. Well, of course, except the pianist who might lose his job if he doesn't play the piano perfectly.

I can feel their stares at me, eyeing me from head to toe. In the corner of my eye, the Victorian ladies are raising their brow at me. The Victorian males just study me as they gently tap their hourglass.

"Why are they staring at us?" I asked Judy, nudging her in the arm.

"Let them stop and stare, my dear," Judy replied as she began fanning herself.

Suddenly, a young man wearing a fancy suit, holding an hourglass came walking towards us with a broad smile plastered on his handsome face.

His auburn hair is perfectly combed, his green eyes are definitely his asset.

"Happy to see you here, Mr. and Mrs. Bennett," said the handsome young fella as he slightly bowed his head.

"Victorian women cannot, by all means, miss a single party, Mr. Guevarra," Judy exclaimed, her hands still snaking around her husband's arm.

"I forgot to tell you, Mr. Bennett, the others are already waiting for you in the back," Mr. Guevarra stated as he raised his hourglass and slightly pointed it to the back.

I have a strong feeling that Judy and Jacob are going somewhere because Judy turned her head towards me again and murmured, "Go flirt with Raymond, he's a catch," then wiggled her brows.

The question is, is he a keeper?

My eyes widened at that realization, that standing in front of me is no other than Raymond who according to Judy kept asking about me. Uh-oh.

And please, I have zero knowledge about flirting. I don't even know how to sexily wink.

And with that, the couple is now gone. Leaving me alone with a hundred unknown guests and Raymond who has his other hand inside his pocket.

"Glad to finally meet you, Ms. Wright. You look stunning as ever," Raymond said, his eyes scanning me from head to toe which made me look sideways for I don't wanna meet his eyes.

I wonder when and how he first saw me? Perhaps he saw me cleaning the toilet in the Bennet household or what. If so, that would be super embarrassing.

What happened next almost made me faint for he just snatched my right hand and planted a kiss on it. How...rude? Shouldn't he ask for my hand first?

"T-thanks?" I replied. I told you, I am totally a noob when it comes to flirting or any social gathering.

Raymond then chuckled and said, "Would you like some wine, Ms. Wright?"

"W-water would be fine, Raymond, I mean, Mr. Guava, I mean, Mr. Gevur-"

"Mr. Guevarra, Ms. Wright," cut Raymond, raising his brow.

Goodness gracious, I seriously want to kill myself right now due to humiliation. Stupid me. I cannot even properly say his name.

What was I thinking? Mr. Guava?