i was very confused at the moment but i kept listening.

"nah bruh fuck allat."

the guy raises his gun up at nahmir. a nervous sweat went down my back. "ten thousand or you won't see her again." the guy says. i wonder who 'her' was.

"on my mama, ima kill you!" nahmir said getting closer to the man.

the guy aims a bullet at nahmir misses. i was the only one who flinched, but nahmir and the rest were perfectly fine. "that's some real bullshit lucas." jay says. "mane i'm out this bitch." glizzy says and left. jay & manny leave too.

"one day ima kill you.. just fucking watch." nahmir says grabbing my wrist and pulling me out. as we walk out the house, i try to process everything that just happened.

what the fuck just happened i say in my head while we're walking. then i heard someone yell. nahmir & i turned around and saw lucas and the other guys come out.

they start shooting and i ducked cause i knew damn well i wasn't dying today.

nahmir raised his gun and shot four of the guys standing by lucas. they all fell dead. the rest of the guys start running after us and we hopped in the car.

"bruh go!"

-

i decided to stay at nahmir's place because i had up until 10 to go home. and plus i didn't fell like driving nowhere in the dark after what just happened.

it was 6:42pm. the rest of the boys were downstairs playing this dumbass game "fortnite" that all these boys keep talking about. i swear everybody was just talking about 2k.

i wanted to go talk to nahmir so he can explain everything, although he's probably gone push me out. but i didn't care.

i decided to go to his room because he wasn't no where downstairs. i walked in his room and saw him sitting on his bed facing the opposite of me on his phone like always.

i sneaked up behind him and slapped his neck. he flinched and turned around. "what the fuck is wrong with you?" i start busting out laughing and he squinted at me.  i finished  laughing and he still had that same look on his face.

"genesis what do you want?" he asks. "why you always on that damn phone?" i ask sitting on his bed next to him. "cause i am." "why?"

"because?" "because what?" "because i'm always on my damn phone." he says copying me. "mane just shutcho ass up and get of that phone."

"okay mom."  he says sarcastically.

i laughed.

"so why are you here?" he asks. "so you can explain." "there's nothing for me to explain." he  says & puts his phone down.

i gave him a face.  "what?"

"nigga."

"bitch."

"what you just call me?"

"huh?"

"kiss my ass."