Chapter 44

I walked all the way to Montauk beach, taking my time. Millions of thoughts ran past my head, none of them making me feel any better.  

When I finally reached the beach, I sat down, watching the waves. Something about water made me feel reassured and relaxed. It made me think better. Even as a son of Chaos, my most favourite element was water and this had nothing to do with the fact that I was Poseidon's son for a few years. 

How can Void still stand to see me?

I killed his wife, daughter and his sister. My aunt, cousin and my own fucking mother.

I put my head in my hands and screamed. I was so frustrated right now. I had half a mind to hand myself over to Void and let him do whatever he wanted to me. He could punish me however he wanted and I wouldn't complain. But I knew I couldn't. Void meant destruction, and I couldn't let him do that to earth. Even after what happened here. If only he'd limit the destruction to me. Then that would be fine. 

I sat there on the beach for a few more hours.  Alone. Just thinking. I needed time to absorb all this. No one can be fine after they figure out that their whole life has been another lie and that he were the reason so many people died. 

After the sun had finally set, it was only then I got up to leave. 

I dusted off the sand and sighed, taking in the cool air one more time before turning around. I walked all the way back to camp again, noticing that the camp was empty.

Dinner time

I quickly made my way to the mess hall. Gods...I was so hungry. 

I noticed how everyone turned silent as I walked in. I paused for a second, knowing that my hood was down, before walking to the Chaos table. Dad was also there. I sat down. "I know. I shouldn't have just walked out, but I needed time and space to think. I'm sorry. Should've told you whe-"

Everyone just hugged me, cutting off my mini rant. 

I hugged back, not even hesitating for a second. "It's just...I foun-"

"It's fine," dad cut me off softly. I looked into his eyes and shone brightly back at me. I nodded at him and looked at everyone. They smiled back in return. 

My stomach suddenly growled, making everyone at the table laugh. "Guess I'm hungry."

I quickly ate my food, not torturing my stomach anymore. Just as I was about to stand and say something to Chiron, a sharp sound rang throughout the camp-making everyone freeze. 

My eyes darkened. "They're early."