Chapter 3

Annabeth POV********************************************************************************

The olympians had called a urgent meeting with the cabin counselors and the seven. Even Thalia was here for the Zeus cabin and Artemis cabin. This couldn't be good if all of us were called up.

I shook out of my thoughts when I realised that everyone was filling out of the van. With a goodbye to Argus, I left him alone in the van.

I looked around and realised that everyone was waiting for me, well except Thalia, Nico, Grover and Leo. The four, as we like to call them because they don't socialise with us and any of the campers anymore, were already opening the doors to the Empire State building.

I wonder if it's anything related to Percy because we always had search quests for him and every month, we had a meeting, though not all the cabin counsellors were there.

I was again lost in thought when I thought of my Seaweed Brain.

Why did Percy steal my Yankees cap? He knew how much it meant to me. It was the only gift I got from my mother. A part of me thought that Percy would never do that but that part was dulling down, almost nonexistent. I wouldn't even believe that Percy would never do this. Nope. The part of my brain that was reasonable was completely shut down.

I was angry, angry that Percy would steal and destroy the only gifts the gods gave to their children, angry that Percy would destroy my Yankees cap...

I could feel the anger growing and something was telling me to do something Annabeth would never do.

Cheat on Percy. Like he did to me.

Make him suffer like he made me when he cheated on me with Drew.

But... when did that happen?

But it did, didn't it?

So I did something that I know would break him, I kissed Neil.

I saw Poseidon but I couldn't hear anything. It was all dull. I found myself agreeing with whatever Poseidon was saying. But I wasn't agreeing at the same time. I didn't want to agree.

I was not in control.

Poseidon flashed out but I never realised it. Nope, I was still in a daze.

My head snapped up when I felt someone's lips on mine again. I pushed him back immediately.

"Why would you do that?!" I yelled at Neil.

"Do what?" he asked innocently.

"Kiss me again." I heard myself saying.

NO! I didn't want that...

Why...?

I pushed him again and ran. Ran back to Percy's cabin. Where was he? I looked around and saw nothing. I noticed something on his table, I started making my way there but the closer I got, the more the piece of paper faded.

I took one more step and the paper vanished.

Gone.

I turned to leave but I was not met with the door in Percy's cabin, no, I was in the throne room.

I looked around and realised that all of the campers were here, looking just as confused as me.

"Demigods!" A voice boomed.

I looked up and saw a slightly annoyed Zeus.

"You were here because Hestia has called an emergency meeting. I don't know why though so I should let her take over."