chapter 23

"Hey." I blew a breath, chuckling nervously.

What was he doing here? Oh no. Was he going to snitch.

The whole camp was silent now, they probably sensed someone powerful. The person arched his eyebrows. "I heard you did something?"

"What?" I fake laughed, my hands fanning my face. "What did I do?"

"Oh nothing," Chaos said. "just messed up some cabins. I was hoping you took notice of the campers' shouting and screams."

"Sure," I huffed. "I know you were in it too. How in the Hades didn't we get caught? You're in it as much as we are."

This time, it was Chaos' turn to laugh nervously. "As if."

The campers looked at us with looks and expression that screamed 'they are talking about our messed up cabins as if we aren't even here', or something along those lines.

"Well," I clapped my hands and turned to face the campers who were staring at us. "I can tell you that only Alpha, Maze, Bridge, my dear father and I were the only ones in the prank. And, we had a great reason to prank you all."

"What reason?" someone called from the crowd.

"Just reasons we would not like to tell you," Micheal said with a curt nod.

The campers awkwardly shuffled on their feet, not knowing what to do. They can't exactly lash out at us, because...you know...

"This is getting really awkward," I blurted out randomly.

This broke the campers out of their shocked states and they began doing what they were doing; running around, trying to fix their cabins. The warriors walked away, knowing that Chaos was here for something more. We settled in the Chaos cabin. "So, what are you doing here?"

"Right." Dad nodded at my question. "The war is coming, you all know that. It's a good thing that you all have started training. You have to ask Chiron for a capture the flag for later tonight."All of us nodded and began to go back out, knowing that the conversation was over. I was about to walk away too when dad called me back. 

"Percy! Stay back, I need to talk to you."

I know what you're thinking- why did he call me Percy when my real name is Omega/Omegulous? Well, my full name is Perseus Omegulous Jackson so really, anything is fine. And, I sometimes just call dad, Chaos. Just out of habit. I'm pretty sure there are many people who call their fathers' by their name...I think.

"Yes?"

He cut to the chase. "You can't participate capture the flag."

I sighed, disappointed. I really wanted to participate. "Yea, I know."

"Percy, son," he sighed. "I know you really wanted to play today, but you have to know your powers are getting stronger. You are almost even more powerful than me, maybe you already are.  You can seriously hurt someone. Let them fight, you can do your own work."

I knew that my powers were increasing, I've been feeling them. "How can I stop them?"

Dad laughed. "You can't decrease your powers. You're the first one who doesn't want power, you know that?"

For a second I just stood there before slamming into him, giving him a big hug. I don't why but deep inside I knew that this would be one of my last times seeing him.

Dad hugged me back. "What is this for?"

"Just," I paused. "thank you for being there for me. I don't know why, but I have a bad feeling about this. I-I've been having these dreams. Void, he is getting stronger. We really shouldn't underestimate him and overestimate ourselves."

I didn't tell anyone, except dad now of course, about the dreams. They are getting worse. I've been trying to busy myself with princely work so that no one notices.

"I know. For now, though, just train and treasure the few moments of peace you have."

"I've also been having... other dreams- the same ones that you..."

"Percy..."

"Nevermind. Just...forget I said anything."

                                                                                            ***

"Come in." I heard a distant voice.

I opened the door and walked into the big house.

"To what do I owe the pleasure, Omega?" Chaos asked.

"I wanted to talk to you about something," I elaborated, sitting down on one of the chairs. "Please, do tell about what," he said.

"I wanted to ask if we can have a capture the flag after dinner, today."

"Of course," Chrion said. "The warriors can choose who they want in their team."

"Actually," I interrupted. "The Galaxious will be fighting alone. It is them vs the whole camp."

"Galaxious...?" He trailed off.

"Oh, sorry," I said. "Galaxious is our army's name."

"But that wouldn't be fair," he protested. "Don't worry," I assured. "even if only 7 of the warriors, it will still be unfair for the campers."

"What about you? Are't you going to participate?"

"Unfortunately no," I sighed. "dad's orders. I must return to my duties and finish the pent up work. It hasn't been touched since the day I came here, I'm afraid." Lie. "It is going to take so long to complete the work."

Chiron looked at me, trying to see if I was joking. Yea, I get that a lot. No 18  year old has that much work to do.

I nodded at him and walked back to the door.

"I know why you and your army pranked the camp." I heard him speak to me. "Thank you."

I just craned my neck to him, shaking my head and smiling. I turned the doorknob, walking out and making my way to lunch. 

After lunch, I announced the capture the flag. They began smirking when I told them that the warriors will go against all of them. Ha! They think they'll win. No way in Hades' soul woven underwear.

***********************************************************************************************

Sorry for the late and short update.

I totally forgot about it. BTW, I just realized that I have been typing Alpha instead of Luke...huh. I just like that name a lot.

ANYWAYSSSSSS, MIRACULOUS LADYBUG SEASON 2 IS UP!!!!!!!!!! WHOOP WHOOP!