Chapter 17

"Now that you are all full of energy and food... well mostly food, we will be learning my way of the disarming technique," I told the campers.

"When are we going to learn something useful and actually learn sword fighting?" Someone groaned. I searched for the voice and found a little girl around 7 or 8.

"Come here," I motioned for the little girl to come forward. She made her way out from going around the campers and stopped in front of me. I crouched down to her level and asked. "What's your name?"

"Ally."

"How old are you, Ally?"

"Seven," she replied.

"You see, Ally" I began. "we are learning the disarming technique because it will be really useful in battles and then after you all get the hang of it, we'll start real sword training. We start that tomorrow or even today if you all can get it quickly."

She nodded and went back to her siblings. She looks like a Hermes camper-I'll just have to ask her later. I felt so sad that kids her age were training for a war.

"Anyways," Luke spoke up. "we will show how to perform Omega's way to do it. Watch carefully and notice the changes and difference between his and mine."

We both faced each other and started. We just sparred for a few minutes before he did the trick on me. I countered and did a reverse on him, making him drop the sword."You see what I did there?" I faced the campers.

The campers just looked dumbfounded and stared, not noticing a thing.

"I see," Luke sighed. "None of you got it? Athena campers?"

"Right!" I clapped my hands together. "When Luke was going to do the trick on me, I countered it and made him drop it instead. That is the move. When the one Alpha taught you is being performed on you, you can counter it with mine. You can use both our ways together."

"Partner up and begin practising," Luke dismissed them.

I walked around, correcting the campers. I finally made my way to Ally, who was paired up with a 13-year-old.

"Your grip on the sword is too tight," I interrupted the pair who were going to spar.

"Like this?" Ally questioned, loosening her grip on the sword.

"Yes, now you've got it."

I looked at her partner. "Your posture is great but don't you think the sword might be too heavy and long for you?" I arched my eyebrow- not he could see it."Wait a minute," I put up a 'one-minute' sign and walked to the table where the swords were kept.

I looked back at the camper and picked up a sword I thought would fit him and walked back to them.

Here," I handed him the sword.

He took it and smiled. "Thanks! It feels way more balanced."

"No problem, now if you don't mind, I'll like to see you two do the trick."

I stepped back and watched them fight. Huh, I must agree, for a 7-year-old and 13-year-old, they fight way better than most of the campers here. The fight went on for a few more minutes before Ally used Luke's trick and the older camper used mine. Ally's sword clattered to the ground.

I picked it up and handed it back to her. "That was pretty good. You two are definitely better than the other campers here."

"Thanks." Both of them grinned.

"What's your name?" I asked the other camper.

"Logan," he replied.

"Alright, Logan. Great job with the sword, that was really good. Ally, you did well as well but, try switching the techniques, Ally will use mine and Logan will use Alpha's." I told them. They really were good.

They started fighting again and this time, it was Logan's sword that went clattering to the ground.

"Awesome," Ally grinned.

"Yea, it is," I smiled back at her, her enthusiasm affecting me too. "Now keep practising until you can resist both of the tricks."

Both of them nodded and went back to their fighting. One by one, I went around helping all the other pairs, helping them improve and fight better. At least I hope I helped them...

"Alright," Luke said. "you all did great, after dinner, you can all rest or practice whatever you learned today. You can have a little break now and head to dinner afterwards."

"Come on," I motioned to Luke. "you wanna practice? We didn't get to train today."

"Sure," he shrugged.

I took out my dual swords, swinging it, exercising my muscles.

"You ready?" He asked, smirking.

I did a little trick with my sword and smirked. "Hades, yes."

I made the first strike which he obviously blocked

I made the first strike which he obviously blocked. I spun around my sword in a deadly arch. He used the hilt of his sword to knock my sword out of my grip. My sword flew up but I caught it before it hit the ground. I pretended a stab forward and then unexpectedly swung my sword up. I brought my leg up and smashed it into his head as he was blocking my strike. Luke jumped backwards and did an impressive spin in the air as he used his leg to push me back.

This went on for a while, a deadly dance going on between us. I jumped up and spun mid-air, trying to block his strike. I used my elbow and knocked him off his feet. He jumped back up, not giving up. He slid his leg under me but I jumped. What I didn't block was his second leg that slid under me. I slipped and Luke knocked my sword out of my hand. "I finally win," He grinned.

"Not on my watched," I smirked. I jumped up, bring Luke and his sword with me. I twisted his arm and made his sword fly up and land in my hands. "I win," I said simply.

Luke just groaned. "No fair," he pouted like the little kid he is. "You always win."

I just patted his head and handed his sword back to him while he picked up mine from the ground and returned it to me.

"Dinner?"

"Dinner," he agreed.

We turned around to leave, only to see the campers staring at us with their mouths on the floor.

"Hey guys," I waved awkwardly.

A/N Sorry, I really suck at fight scenes...