chapter 13

I woke up with all of the primordials staring at my face in concern.

Dad helped me stand up and said, "Kracken?"

"Yea," I groaned. "thanks for the healing."

"Anyways, what are we going to do?" I asked the question directed at Uranus since he was the most sensible, ignoring whatever that just happened.

"Well," He began. "Void somehow managed to break the barrier you two made, meaning he is stronger than we assumed."

"Right, that part I sort of figured on my own." I nodded.

"It could also be a warning," Tartarus commented.

"Warning?" All of us mumbled together.

"Yes, warning." Chaos interrupted. "Perhaps he is warning that he is coming. And we now know that he is recruiting monsters. Not the ones from earth but from different planets."

"Well, how are the campers going to beat them?" I asked. They wouldn't be able to beat them. These were monsters even the gods couldn't beat.

"You train, start today. While you're at it, tell them about the prophecy," Aether said and from the look on Chaos' face, I can tell that he disagreed but he stayed quiet after he saw the look I was giving him.

"Alright." I nodded.

After another round of hugs, I stepped forward into the portal I had made.

"How convenient," I muttered as I landed right in the mess hall, where everyone was having their breakfast. I had landed right next to the Chaos table, meaning also right next to the head table.

I smiled at my friends at the Chaos table before I walked to Chiron. I muttered that I had to announce something after everyone finished eating. He just nodded.

"Hey, guys," I said, taking a bite out of my pancakes-they were normal coloured because blue ones would definitely give my identity away.

"What took you so long?" Micheal arched his eyebrow.

"Yea," Luke joined. "You usually don't take this long. Like one day?!"

I just shrugged him off. "Had the council meeting to attend."

"What?!" All of them exclaimed at once. No attention was drawn to our loud table as there still was a sound barrier around our table. Buuuttttt, we could still hear the camper's conversations and so I know that they all have been talking about us.

"We mean that if there was a council meeting," Silena started. "why weren't we all informed."

"Yea." Lee nodded. "Even if we don't attend it all the time, we still know that there is a meeting taking place."

"I called the meeting," I informed them. "Sorry, you all weren't informed. It was an urgent matter and it had to be discussed immediately."

"No problem, commander." Beckendorf flashed him a smile.

"You'll know what it is about after breakfast though. I have something to announce."

"About the meeting?" Zoe asked.

I just nodded seeing as my mouth was now filled with pancakes. The whole table laughed at me and my eating habits.

"What?" I exclaimed, coming to my defence. "I'm hungry, I hadn't had anything thing to eat since last night's lunch."

Luke just rolled his eyes. "Excuses, excuses." I just glared at him, not bothering to reply back to him and just forcing on my eating. Just as I pushed my plate away from me, having finished eating, Chiron cleared his throat. "So before you all dismiss for your daily activities, commander Omega has something to say."

I stepped up to the head table and cleared my throat. "So, I hope you all have filled your stomachs because we'll be doing a lot today." I started. "Yesterday afternoon, I went back up to planet Chaos and found out that Void had been recruiting monsters. Now, these are not your normal monsters, these are monsters even the gods can't best. The most powerful one, the Kraken, somehow entered an area protected by a barrier like the one in this camp. I had called a council meeting and we had come up with something. You all will start your training today if you want to have even a little chance at protecting yourself from this monster. I said protect because there is no way anyone of you will be able to beat it; even Chaos had some trouble beating him."

The mess hall was quiet which was somewhat an achievement for a camp filled with teenagers with ADHD. "You're lying." Called out a voice from the Athena table.

"And how did you come up with this conclusion?" I asked Annabeth which both my eyebrows raised- not that she could see them.

"There was no Olympian council meeting yesterday, nor was there a meeting this morning."

"Who said it was an Olympians meeting?"

"What else would you mean?" she questioned back. The chatters started again, all of them believing Annabeth.

"Well," I snarled with a smirk. "there is this thing called the Primordial council."

At this, the mess hall fell silent again.

"So that means Gaia was there too. She was Hades bent on destroying demigods and taking over earth 100 years ago," she stated. "How can she be trusted?"

I growled, Gaia was like a mother figure to me. No one gets to insult her. "Each Primordial has two sides, good and evil. That was obviously the evil side of hers- same with Tartarus and Nyx. Aren't you supposed to know this, daughter of Athena?"

"Who said anything about Tartarus and Nyx?"

"Oh," I smirked. "don't think I don't know what happened..." I left my sentence hanging. Even I wasn't that cruel. I knew what Tartarus had done to her- both of us.

I just walked out of the mess hall, not wanting to see her reaction. To show me what kind of monster I am for reminding her of what happened all those years ago. I've got those looks thrown at me enough times to last me a lifetime.

"Omega!" I heard someone behind me.

"Gods that was so cruel." I turned around immediately, guilty.

"No, it wasn't," Luke said. "You knew more than to finish the sentence and that changes it. You knew your limits."

"I agree with Luke here." Bianca caught up with us. The rest of the team behind her.

"All of us do, right?" Zoe stated and looked back to the squad. They all nodded.

I just looked down, ashamed because I know how I would've felt if someone said that to me. The memories were just too...I surprised all of them by hugging them all of a sudden. "You guys are the bestest friends and family anyone could ask for."

"Bestest is not a word."Micheal corrected.

"Stop ruining the moment," I grumbled.

He just chuckled.

Gods what would I do without all of them?