Chapter 40

A/N SO...I might not be posting that much as my Cts are coming up. Gods I have so much work to do. And the new year is... NOOoooo! I loved 2k17 so dam much*weeps silently in a corner*. I know you won't be reading this, but thank you for the best year in my whole entire life, Hotdog, Ugly Backpack girl, Polish girl(lol, have no nickname for you)(Bangs?), and many more other people. So here is a short chappie for Y'all. 

P.S The ones who made my year are my besties, not u guys, btw xD. LMAO.

Percy POV**************************

A cruel laugh was heard from Void as he knew I just wasted my last ounce of my non-existent energy opening a portal for my friends. 

Void walked to me, his posture clearly stating that he was the predator. "I knew you were stupid, nephew, but this?  I see you I still couldn't get your loyalty out of you. Huh. Now, it's time to watch your camp burn in flames. Your pretty little camp in flames."

I somehow managed a laugh. "You know, someone once said the same thing to me. Now I'm thinking you were the reason any of that ever even happened." 

I knew Void got what I meant. And I knew what his silence meant. I looked up at him, my chin high from where I was on the ground. I let a little bit of vulnerability seep into my voice. "I don't know what happened between us. But...but if we were ever close as I think we were, at least tell me why are you doing this. What happened? What did I do?" 

"You don't know what you did?!" Void's voice raised. "You ruined the three most precious people in my life. Hard to think you were one of the fourth."

I kept silent. Taking this last bit of information in. I knew I was going to die. Probably anytime soon. I don't know how am I even alive right now. But before I die, I need to know. I groaned at the sharp pain in my brain. I was still drained. My brain couldn't handle my stressing thoughts anymore. 

"You know, I thought you would go down fighting- like a true hero. I was wrong. I mean...You were never a hero, to begin with."

For some reason, Void's words made me angry and sad at the same time. I remembered how many people died because of me. I knew didn't even deserve to live. 

"O-oh but I will go down fighting," I countered back. 

He chuckled. "Of course, of course. Would you like to rest, first? You are a fool! You are drained, any more movement and puff! You will be gone. Like you never existed." 

"Isn't that what you wanted?"

"I wanted you to die. To exist in the darkest part of the void- not my name, mind you. I just simply wanted to erase you from life, all except the void. But...but if you strain yourself more, that will make you seem like you never existed. Not here on earth, or planet Chaos. In no world will you exist. Not even the void. " 

"W-" I coughed. "why does this bother you, uncle. Please do explain."  I suddenly felt what he was talking about. Feeling myself go away, being erased. 

I knew I struck a nerve when Void turned speechless. Clearly, he still has that care and 'love' he had for me all those years ago. 

At least he cared enough to tell me the truth, I thought. 

My own father hadn't even considered what would happen to me once I find out the real truth about my life. 

No. Stop. I suddenly felt selfish. This wasn't about me. Stop making this about me. 

"Well," I tried getting up, only to feel myself starting to fade and blend into the shadows. " let's fulfil your last wish of me of me going down fighting, then."

For a moment, I saw his mask slip. I saw that little speck of love and care he had for me, but the mask was back on. I smiled to myself. At least he wasn't a complete lost case yet.

I slowly got on my knees and tried to at least sit up, only to realize how weak I actually am and fall back down. I blinked many times, trying to get my vision into focus. All I could see right now were black spots. I groaned and massaged my head. 

A cruel laugh made me focus on what I had to. Void. "Oh, nephew. You are fading. Being erased from existence. I don't know why, but somehow, you can still talk and all. Huh...I have to admit, you are special. Too bad you have to go." 

I tried to open my mouth but no words came out; like I had lost my voice.  I couldn't even blink without flinching. "I-"

"I what?" he gritted his teeth. "Go on and say you are sorry. You might not have your memory right now, but even you know what you did something unforgivable. "

I tried to say something, but I was just moving my mouth; no words were coming out. 

It's because of you fading, a voice said in my head. 

I won't go away like this. I had to help...Somehow. I won't let the campers fight Void alone and with no help. 

I stood up, ignoring my complaining bones and mind. I had to fight against whatever was making me fade. I knew I could sight back. Just...

Void narrowed his eyes as if he couldn't believe I was seriously standing up right now. 

"I-" with a cough, I began again. "I-I don't know w-what I did, but know t-that I am sorry." I coughed again, this time, there was blood. But I didn't let that stop me  "I know I deserve to die, according to you, but the campers don't have to die. I w-will not let y-you harm them in a-a-any way." 

"Nice willpower, nephew," Void mused. "This day will be written in history. The brave Prince of the Universe- the first one to ever survive being taken his orb. But alas, the Prince simply...died. Or faded from where this is going." 

He snarled at me and attacked. Everything was too fast for me, with no energy even left in me, I nearly even forgot how to do a simple strike and block. Everything went dull.

The warriors...

Chaos...

C-camp...

I snapped out of my weak state and managed to block the strike last minute. I was pushed back by the force, not being able to control the pact.

I slammed back. This was my what time being slammed back again? 

I shook my head and went back to battle, trying to match my uncle's level. It was hard, though. Even I was confused at how I was still alive and doing what I was doing right now. I am supposed to fade already. But enough of that. I've had enough confusion to last me a lifetime. Right now wasn't the time to think about how I was still alive. Now was the time to thank the gods that I was and I could still help the camp. 

I didn't dwell on my thoughts and concentrated on fighting. Both Void and I slid back, landing perfectly. Mine...not so perfect.

The same feeling I got when protecting my friends sparked in my gut. I tried to stop what was happening because I knew I was terribly draining myself. I was making a fate even worse than fading...Disappearing forever. I was...even I didn't know what I was becoming. 

My dad's words suddenly came into my mind. 

Your powers are getting out of control. If used without practice or control...

I knew whatever was going to happen was bad- even for the brother of the creator of the universe. 

"Sorry...I...I have n-no control...ov-" I didn't get to finish as everything erupted. I was pretty sure that eruption came out of me...

A portal also appeared. 

With a last worrying glance backwards, I jumped in, not knowing where it was leading me to.

A/N

VOTE, READ, COMMENT AND FOLLOW!

Follow me on insta