FORTY-ONE

Friday had come in what seemed a few hours.

Setting as they had double the patrol time and they weren't able to do much apart from that. But seeing as her shift had just gotten done with, Bentleigh was standing front of her vanity in her bathroom while Nova laid on her bed. As she finished up doing a quick and natural looking makeup, her bedroom door opened revealing Embry, Paul, and Quil.

She glanced at the three of them through the mirror she was using with a questioning expression as Nova spoke. "Ewe, what do you three want?" She asks in a playful tone.

"The boys are here for Leigh. I'm here for you. We have to get going if we're going to miss the traffic. We made plans to go see your grandmothers today?" Embry says gesture to Bentleigh's bedroom door.

Nova nodded, standing up with the help of Embry and Quil before walking over to me and hugging me around the shoulders. "Have fun on your date, Bentleigh. See you after while." She says then leaving the room.

Embry kissed the top of Bentleigh's head wishing her a 'good luck'. Whatever that meant. Finishing her look off with a set of earnings and the promise ring Seth gave to her over a year before. She turned looking at Quil and Paul. They smiled at her appearance giving her a nod of the head.

"You're looking good, kid." Paul smiled down at Bentleigh like a proud older brother. "Ready to get going?" He questioned.

She inhaled sharply before exhaling, nodding her head. They both smiled, the two of them standing at her sides, offering their arms to her. She happily linked her arms with theirs, walking downstairs to the front door. She let go to put on her jacket before they walked out of the house and over to Paul's truck. Going to wherever they were meeting Seth at.

As Paul drove, Quil looked down at Bentleigh from where he sat by the trucks passenger side door. "You okay? What's going through your head, kid?" He voiced causing her to look up at him.

"Yeah Quills, I'm okay. Just thinking about something." She replied giving him a small smile.

"About?"

"Nothing important."

"Are you sure?" Paul asks.

She nodded. "Yeah, I'm sure, guys."

*~°Ω°~*

They pulled up to the Main Beach and got out of the car. They led her somewhere down the beach. She wasn't really paying attention as she watched the waves roll in onto the sand. Feeling eyes on her, Bentleigh looked up at them, giving them a questioning expression while they both just smiled at her.

She huffed out a sigh making them laugh at her quietly. After walking for a bit, they stopped at the shoreline of the ocean. The three of them stood there for some time, waiting for something, she could only think. Bentleigh turned to Paul and Quil who were standing off to the side in front of her.

"Is there a reason we're standing here, boys?" She asked making them nod.

"Waiting for you to realize where we're standing, then we can take you to the second part." Paul responds.

Looking around she soon realized it was where her and Seth had met up with Quil and Clarie for the first time together. The night Seth had complimented her and she didn't believe him so she walked away. The night she sat on the shoreline by herself before Clarie ran over and they went on a walk together.

That night Bentleigh and Seth had their first kiss almost two years ago already. The same night one of her only pale faced friends from Forks high school, tried to attack the two of them after leaving the beach to get home. Before Quil would be at Bentleigh's house after dropping Clarie off.

Turning her attention back to the two boys, she nodded her head. "I know where we're at," Bentleigh says before explaining what happened.

Quil nodded telling her the she was right before they started walking again towards the cliff where Quil took her right after Seth and Bentleigh had walked back to him and Clarie. Finding Quil half buried in the sand while Clarie squealed and hugged the front of Bentleigh's legs with Seth holding her from behind, arms draped comfortably on her hips.

Getting to the top of the cliff, she was met by Seth, Nova, and Embry. Shooting them all a confused look, all they did was smile at her. Nova walked up and took Bentleigh's hand in hers, leading her friend away over to Seth. Pushing Bentleigh into him, having him catch her as Nova made Bentleigh lose her footing while she walked over to Embry's side.

"What's going on, guys?" Bentleigh questioned as everyone only smiled and walked away leaving her and Seth alone. "Seth?"

She gave him a confused look as he stepped closer to her wrapping his arms around her. Allowing them to hang from her hips loosely as he pulled Bentleigh closer to him. She looked up at him still not knowing what the he'll was going on and he leaned down and pressed a sweet kiss to her lips.

"The group helped me out setting this all up, not going to lie, I couldn't have been able to get this all done without them." He said stepping back a bit and taking her hand in his.

"But as two years comes up, I had something planned for them but I might as well do this now." Still giving Seth a look he continued. "You know that I love you. I always have. I just didn't know how the hell I was going to tell you. Or even walk up to you for that matter of it weren't for my sister." He said calmly, Bentleigh chuckled lightly and he smiled at the sound, looking down at her hand while he ran his thumb over the tops of her knuckles.

Then he finally looked up at her again. "I want you to know that I'd do anything for you, anything you needed. And even more so right now with the baby and after their born. Bentleigh Tala Call, from short lived best friends, to lovers, and sweethearts forever from beginning to end; my commitment to you will never break or bend.

"Exchanging promise rings means everything. I can't wait to see how bright our future will be that describes you and me. I promise you no one will work harder to make you happy or cherish you more than I will. Our time together has been true.

"Good times or bad times. I'll be there to cheer you up or just to hold your hand and say 'I know how you feel, that it'll get better with time'. From this day forward, you won't have to do anything alone. My heart will be forever yours and I'll forever be your shelter from harm, even if you don't necessarily need it some of the times."

By this time, Bentleigh was in full on water works of elephant tears. Makeup was running down her cheeks as she cried. He wiped away her tears with his thumb.

"Leigh," He says bending down to one knee. The water works kept going as a hand found it's way to her mouth. "Will you do me the honor of marrying me?" Seth questioned as everything sunk in quickly. After a few seconds, she nodded her head.

"Yes."