SEVEN

As they ran through the forest, the trees whipped past them. Occasionally, Seth would have to jump over fallen tree trunks and landing gracefully on the other side. Not once were they hit with something as they zipped through the thick green forest. He ran along a stream and Bentleigh looked off to the side looking at their reflection.

Her hair flipped as he ran. And she don't think she could have been happier than she was right in that moment, with him. He continued running through the trees and shrubs and before she knew it, they were taking the path she and Embry take going to Emily's house.

When he stopped, he knelt back down letting her slide off his back. He stood up straight and walked into the forest line. He came back a minute or two later and smiled at the girl. Bentleigh smiled back before hearing rustling coming from the tree line and Seth stood in front of her defensively.

The person walked out and they noticed it was Embry in his wolf form. She walked up to him hugging him around the neck. Pulling away from him Bentleigh could see him sending Seth glares.l over her shoulder. Yep, the big brother thing. Great.

"Embry, go before you get into trouble. We won't do anything. Promise." She says nudging his shoulder making him huff in annoyance. He placed his cold nose pressing it to her cheek.

"Yeah, yeah. Get going would you?" She asked shoving him. But he didn't move an inch. Right, he's in his wolf form. He's not going anywhere. Mentally, she face palmed herself for her quick dumb moment.

Bentleigh could hear Embry do this chuckle type sound in his wolf form. Asshole. Rolling her eyes, she walked back to the house making it about halfway to the house before she felt someone grab her wrist in their hands, careful with their movements. Facing the person, she found Embry.

"I'm leaving Seth with you. I don't want anything happening. From what it sounds, the boys will be here soon to stay over. That way you'll have more protection." Embry says wrapping her in a hug.

"Is this your way of saying you doubt Seth?" She questioned pulling away from him to look at him. He looks down at her with a smile.

"Never. He told you about the small war with a newborn army right how he helped Bella and Edward?" He asks, she shook her head.

"Nope," she says popping the 'p'. "He hasn't said anything."

Someone steps into her line of vision causing her to look over seeing Seth talking with Jared. Embry seemed to zone out and after a few seconds. He chuckled making the other two look at him if confused before they both nodded like they had just remembered something.

"You should get going before Sam calls." Bentleigh mumbled. He pulled her into another hug and as if on queue, a wolf howled. Embry rolled his eyes and mumbled something incoherent and began walking towards the tree line once more.

"I'll be home later. Don't wait up for me." Embry said. He phased and ran off into the forest.

"C'mon we got movies to watch, pillows and blankets to take from rooms, and a few people to call." Jared said walking past Bentleigh and into the house. She laughed to herself, looking at the ground shaking her head.

Bentleigh started her way back to the house when an arm wrapped tightly around her shoulders. Looking up, she saw Seth wearing a huge smile that showed his dimples. Smiling back at him she wrapped her arm around his waist as they walked to the porch.

Jared called Kim so she could come over so that he wasn't "third wheeling" Bentleigh and Seth. Like dude come on now. They weren't even together. Glaring at Jared from her seat beside Seth, he stood to the side on the phone with Kim. When she showed up, Jared explained to her how Bentleigh was Seth's imprint, that there's nothing for her to worry about like they had said from the beginning but she still thought that they were together.