TWENTY-FOUR

Instead of going back up to the top of the pier, we sat up against one of the stone columns that held the boardwalk up above the water for a few hours and talked. Seth was standing up after becoming tired of sitting and found a stick that had washed up onto the sand. He had picked up the stick and was 'sword fighting' as he told me a story that I was sure was made up. As I laughed at something Seth said my phone went off with someone calling me. I gave Seth an apologetic look as I pulled out my phone. Seth continued to swing the stick around still pretending that it was a sword. Answering the phone, I put it up to my ear as I laughed at Seth.

"Good to hear your happy about something these days." I hear a voice say into the phone.

Looking at the screen I see it was Maverick, "Oh uh, h-hey Maverick," I say trying to keep myself together as it was awkward between us before I left Canada. "What can I do for you?"

"Fixing what went wrong the last time you left your sweet Canada. You lost all contact with everyone here. I thought that I could help you out with that and help you keep up. You know with the whole keeping in touch with people here." He sounded.

I cringed as he spoke and noticed Seth had stopped acting like a 'knight in shining armor' in front of me and was now leaning against another column across from me. If I don't talk to him now he'll keep calling, I linked to Seth. He nodded his head and sat against the other column. I could feel his mood drop. He was no longer messing around like before as I listened to Maverick talk about whatever nonsense he was going on about on the other end of the call. I think he caught on to me not wanting to talk because he quit talking.

"You weren't listening, were you?" Maverick questioned me.

"Um, no, not really. Sorry, but I'm in the middle of something right now at the moment. I'll see if I can call you back later if not, call my brother or something. Go talk to Nova for a bit. I don't know Maverick, figure it out." I say before hanging up on him, not wanting to hear his response.

Turning off my phone I slipped it into my back pocket before walking over to Seth, "Sorry about that." I hummed as I sat down laying my head in Seth's lap.

"It's fine." He smiled down at me.

(A/N: Play the video above)

After a while we stood up as we decided to walk to pier once more as it was getting late and starting to get dark out. While we walked he pulled me into a photo booth and we took some pictures. When we finished I grabbed them from the dispenser and showed them to Seth. He smiled at them and wrapped an arm around my shoulder and we kept walking.

We walked to the end of the boardwalk once again making me chuckle as I gripped the stuffed wolf toy tightly. Seth had now dried from his little swim off the pier and into the water. We'd laughed at his slight mistake because a jump from that high up to a human would've snapped their bones. We stood in line to ride the ferris wheel which was moving fairly quick. Soon we were at the front and got into one of the colorful compartments. It began working its way to the top as Seth twisted towards me. I mimicked his actions causing him to chuckle.

"Have I told you yet.. how much you mean to me, about all the happiness you bring me just being in my life. Because you mean the world to me already and it has only been a few months now. And just in case I haven't I want you to know that you are the best thing that's ever happened to me. You are my every reason, every hope and every dream I have ever had. No matter what happens to us in the future, everyday we are together is the greatest day of my life. I will always be yours, Bentleigh, I want you to know just how much I really love you," He says reaching into his pocket for something.

"Bentleigh, by giving you this I am promising to be your best friend. To have your back no matter what the reason is. To let you fight your own battles, but will step in when you need help. I promise to share the covers and make sure I leave hot water for you. To love your family as if they were my own. To not make you go to Disney World for every vacation. I promise to try new experiences as long as it doesn't mean your not with me. To hold your hand every chance I get. I promise to put your happiness before mine." He finished.

We had gotten to the top of the ferris wheel. I had tears in my eyes but was smiling like an idiot. Seth took my hand and slipped the ring onto my finger. Still smiling at Seth I leaned in and kissed him. He cupped my cheeks in his hands and wiped the tears away with his thumbs. Once the ride was over we got off.

Walking back to the car, Seth pulled me into his side. Wrapping an arm around his torso we continued walking. Getting to the car I leaned up against the side as Seth stood in front of me. Thanking him for today he smiled with a small nod. He took a step closer and leaned down, placing a small kiss on my lips.

I smiled into the kiss as my heart pounded against my ribcage. We pulled away and Seth opened my door allowing me to get inside. He shut the door, and I started smiling to myself even more. Only to laugh quietly to myself when I saw him high five some random dude as he walked around the car. When he got into the car, he turned the car on and pulled out of the parking lot making his way back to the Res.

When we got to Forks, I looked at Seth with a confused expression, "We were going to go to the Cullen's remember?" Seth questioned me, glancing over in my direction slightly.

"Oh, right. It must have slipped my mind."