NINE

Bentleigh was watching out the window at the passing trees as Embry spoke up. "Jake's bringing his imprint Renesmee to Sam's tonight. I've got patrol tonight afterward until two. Wanna go with after the beach and you can hang with Em?" He asks causing her to shrug.

"Sure, it has been a while since I've seen them." She responds.

They arrived at the beach and got out, walking around to the back of Embry's truck grabbing their things and her bag. Once they got everything, they walked until they found a spot close to the water but far enough to where nothing would get wet.

Laying out the blanket down on the sand as Embry sat everything else down, she put her bag down next to hee after sitting down on the blanket. After a while of sitting there watching the waves, Embry spoke up.

"Wanna cliff dive?" Embry asks. She shrugs giving him a 'sure' as she stood following Embry to the cliff. Soon they stood looking over the side of the cliff after they finished their small hike. Bentleigh took her clothes off revealing her two piece swimsuits. She slipped her sandals back on and buckled them up and taking off after Embry who was already about to jump off a cliff. She walked over to him as he stood on the edge and shoved him making him fall off and into the water.

Laughing down at him, she felt someone come up behind her. She spun around turning to see who had arrived only to bump into someone. They caught her by the waist steadying her. They chuckle lightly at her as she looked up at them. She look to see the warm brown eyes that she's come to adore. Feeling nothing but comfort when she's around him. Smiling up at him he quickly returned the jester before giving her a slight confused look.

"Why are you here by yourself?" Seth asks. A small smile as he looked around at their surroundings.

"I'm not by myself." She chuckles softly making his smile grow.

"Who's with you?" He questions again.

"I am." She heard behind Seth. He turned at the voice where they saw Embry standing there stiff -like he's someone he doesn't like or approve of. She sighed looking away from her brothers glare at the both of them and up to Seth.

"What are you doing here? Thought you had patrol." She asked as he nodded his head in agreement.

"I do, but I was passing by and caught your scent mixed with his but didn't see him. Had to make sure you were okay." He frowns slightly.

"I'm fine." She assured him looking at Embry. "He just jumped and I was about to. We're having a brother/sister day." She explained, Seth nods smiling.

"Cool, I hope you two have fun. I'll stop imposing and see you guys later. I gotta get going back to patrol before Sam finds out and gets mad." Seth says pecking Bentleigh's lips before running back into the thicker part of the tree line.

Smiling to herself, she turned seeing Embry looking at her like a crazy person. Then she saw that he was wearing a smile of his own. "What?" She chuckled at him. He shook his head still smiling like an idiot.

"Nothing. Just the fact that your so in love with him you don't even notice it." He says walking over to her. Bentleigh's jaw just about dropped to the ground as she stared at him in shock.

"I'm not in love with him," she protested against his comment. "Besides he probably doesn't love me anyways so I'm not going to say that I do, tell him, then have everything ripped to pieces just like that all at once." She says going over to the edge of the cliff and sitting down watching the waves crash against the lower half of the rocky cliff side.

She heard Embry laugh as he sat beside her, "You don't see how he looks at you?" He asked once he was done laughing.

"You are supposed to protect me from them, not laugh because I don't see how 'in love' one is with me." She says as he nods looking at her. He sat there in a surprise.