THIRTY-EIGHT

After buying the dress Parker picked out, the three of us went into another store Parked wanted to look at, leaving Seth and me alone to talk. I looked over at Seth who was being too quiet for his own good as he went through some stuff on a clothes rack. Feeling my gaze on him he glanced over in my direction making eye contact. He gave me a small smile as we continued following Parker around the shop. Gripping, onto Seth's forearm, causing him to stop in his tracks and look at me once more.

"What's wrong, Seth? Is it something Parker said?" I questioned him. He didn't answer just turned his gaze to the floor. Sucking in a breath, I adjusted a bag in my hand. "Babe, he's just a kid you can't take what he said seriously. I'm sure he didn't mean anything by it." I say trying to reassure him.

"It's wasn't that. I was just thinking about something." He said as I gave him a small sigh.

I could tell he wasn't telling me the truth but I wasn't about to push him on it. For all I know he really was thinking about something, like the fact that us wolves have to be in a field in a few days, risking our lives for the ones we love. But what scared me about going to the field to fight the Volturi is that almost everyone I love is going to be on that field, fighting for someone. I was brought out of my thoughts by Seth who probably heard everything I was thinking because I didn't bother to shut him out of my head. He wrapped me in a tight hug and whispered in my ear.

"You know we are all fighting for you. Your brothers, your sisters, me, even the Cullen's are going to be fighting for you." He says before kissing me lightly. Just then Parker walked over and told us he was ready to go. Nodding, we left the mall and headed home.

Once we were back at the house, I took my bags to mine and Seth's room. Setting them on the floor I collapsed on the bed, closing my eyes as someone walked into the room after me. Opening one eye, I see that it's Nova and Lottie. Sitting up, I gave them a small smile which they returned. They sat on the bed on either side of me and the three of us fell back into the bed letting out a sigh. I looked over at Lottie with a questioning expression.

"So, how is motherhood going for you?" I ask her making her nod.

"Literally for me, the hardest part is waking up so damn early to take him to school. He's such a great kid, he does his schoolwork and hardly has any homework, he does his chores, he's super easy to take care of. Overall, he's just an awesome kid. Kind of makes me want one of my own, though." Lottie says.

"You've done a really good job at keeping him sane throughout the process of you becoming his guardian and his mom and Leigh's dad getting into that damned accident. You've really helped him adjust to him not having them anymore." Nova said making Lottie snort a laugh causing us to look at her. "What was that for?" Nova questioned.

"It took him almost three days to come out of his room after you guys left. Even after that he barely talked to me and when he did, he would start to cry about his mom dying and his dad not wanting him but to hit on him. I didn't know what to do but let him cry. I can hardly do this by myself. And to make everything worse my boyfriend, Kaleb, dumped me for his boss' assistant because she doesn't have a kid." Lottie said as she began to cry. "Of course, I get why Parker gets upset about his parents. I came out of the same situation with the abusive father and having my mother die when I was young; it was hard for me growing up and living with my aunt and uncle." Lottie said grabbing a pillow and covering her face as she cried.

I felt terrible, but there wasn't much that I could do about it to help her any. Besides, they are leaving tomorrow and I know that Parker loves living with Lottie and knows she's doing everything humanly possible for him to be happy with her.

"Everything's going to be okay, Lotts. And I'll let you know that Parker loves being with you in Vancouver. He's a loved kid all around, and you know you and him both are welcome here anytime." I say as I give her an awkward side hug.