SEVENTEEN

They shared a confused look with one another before walking out of the room after Parker. Once downstairs they find Paul, Jared, and Quil standing there at the entrance of the house. Bentleigh smiled at them, giving each of them a tight hug. Seth did the same once she removed herself from Quil.

Introducing the boys to Parker and Charlotte, the group made their outside to talk. There was a tree in the back yard that Bentleigh had started climbing, as Paul talked, filling her and Seth in on what was going on.

"We caught the scent of a leech about three hundred yards from here but didn't find anything. We told Embry and Nova who are at a hotel not that far from here and they're keeping an eye out. They said they would like to see you guys before the funeral. So either tonight or early tomorrow." Paul said looking between Seth and Bentleigh.

By this point she had stopped climbing and was now sitting on a branch high up into the tree. She looked down at Seth and he shrugged. Bentleigh turned her gaze to the other three giving them a shrug of her shoulders hearing Paul mumble "of course you don't". This made her chuckle at his annoyance and he glanced around at the boys. He looked back up at Bentleigh with a questioning look that caused her to nod. He gave her a slight nod looking around at the boys.

"Can I talk to her right quick?" He asks, they all nod looking up at Bentleigh from her seat on the branch.

She gave them a nod and when Quil and Jared had began to walk off, she shot a wink in Seth's direction. He gave her a small smile and touched his ear. She nodded and he walked away with the other two.

In a blink of an eye, Paul had jumped up to the branch she was placed on and was looking down at the ground for a few moments. After a bit, he looked over at her with a sorrowful and guilty expression. She knew he was going to bring up that argument they had before she and Seth left.

"Please, don't. I really don't want to hear it if your bringing that up again. If you wanna talk, let's talk about something else." She says cutting Paul off before he could say anything.

"All I was going to say is that I am sorry about what all I said to you. I am sorry for snapping at you. I shouldn't had said anything, me and the boys were about your age when we got ours, all except for Sam. Embry could've done whatever he wanted when it came to yelling at you." Paul said looking back down at the ground below them.

"I'm going to admit that it pissed me off, but I was over it that same day. You just didn't stop by before I left so that we could talk about it," Paul turned his head towards her. "Promise me something,though." He nodded his head. "Don't do that again, besides I'm old enough for them and it my body. But you know now I get to have another tattoo just in spite." She smiled at him making him give her a face of confusion. "The pack tattoo dumbass." She laughed at him.

He nodded again, as her face fell. She looked at the ground as she thought about something that none of them had talked about. But before she could ask Paul, she pulled her phone out that had just gone off with a text. Seeing the screen light up in her hand, she saw it was from Garrett. He wanted to talk.

Outside now.

She had linked to the boys inside the house. Showing Paul the text he looked at her with wide eyes and they jumped out of the tree. As she landed , she lost balance and about fell to the ground but was caught by Seth. He gave her a questioning look before turning to Paul and letting out a throaty growl. He tried going after Paul but Bentleigh grabbed his forearm stopping him.

"No it wasn't Paul, okay. Look." She states showing him the phone screen.

He took it from her hand reading the message and showed the boys. She looked at them with questioning glances before catching the scent of something that is sickly sweet. It made her want to vomit as the stench got stronger.

Looking through the trees, she spotted something about twenty yards from the clearing they were standing in behind the house. Nudging Seth with her arm, he looked down at her and glanced at what she was looking at.

Soon the other three caught on and looked over in the same direction. "What do we do?" She asked them tightly as she saw the red eyes.

"Get inside. We've got this handled." Jared said as he looked down at her.

The look his eyes held was like he was begging her to do what he asked. She looked to the other boys to see that their eyes held the same look. Nodding slightly Paul, Quil, and Jared took off running for the woods. Bentleigh watched them phase about fifteen yards into the tree line so that no one saw them. Seth looked down at her one last time, giving her a quick peck on the lips before he ran off after the boys.

Then he too phased and she saw his sandy brown and blond fun take off running under some sunlight that broke through the trees.

A/N:

Sorry for the short update! It'll be longer next time.