Oh wow, this guy sure is conceited.

Meanwhile, Leo Finley kept looking at me. It's like he can't take his eyes off a beautiful maiden like me. What can I expect?

Life of being beautiful sure is a struggle. Am so tired of being attractive.

Wait, am I turning to Augustus

Bennett a.k.a the Narcissist?

Just kidding, to be honest, I am far from being pretty. Tell you what, I hate my dark hair and freckles. Grandpa is the only one who told me that I am pretty. Well, as far as I remember, Grandpa's business partners' grandson did call me pretty but they were totally intoxicated at that time.

As far as I know, compliments from drunk people and from your family do not count.

Anyways, Leo Finley still kept looking at me curiously and it started creeping me out. If only I had pepper spray with me.

As far as I know, kicking the man where it hurts the most is the perfect alternative to pepper spray in the Victorian era.

"What 'cha looking at, creep?" I asked him then rolled my eyes heavenwards, hoping he would break the gaze but no, I can tell he's trying his best in hiding his laughter due to what I just did.

He is awkward and creepy at the same time. I wonder if he acts like that with girls. Especially to genuine Victorian ladies.

Augustus and Leo then began drinking the tea. Suddenly, I have this weird feeling that I do hope they end up liking it. I mean, I made that!

In contrast to what I just wished, I watched as their faces turned sour as if they just sucked a lime. Leo then began coughing, for real this time. I swear.

"Who in the hell made this poison?" Augustus asked me, wiping the tea in the side of his mouth.

I have this urge to just shrug and pretend that I am not responsible for that tea but my good conscience won.

"I am," I answered, staring at my brown oxford shoes as I played with my fingers. I can feel my palms getting sweaty.

Okay, so now I am turning into Leo Finley a.k.a the awkward slash creepy slash sweaty guy.

"Are you sure a sorcerer did not make this?" he added, fighting off the urge to cough but judging by his face, it can already be concluded that he really did not like the tea.

Is this the end of my career as a maid? Is my untasty tea the one to blame? Or their poor taste in determining whether a tea is tasty or not.

To tell you the truth, I am completely expecting them to shout at me and tell me to leave this place because my tea disgusts them.

But no, what happened truly is strange. Augustus is laughing hysterically with matching punches to his lap. What?

Don't tell me drinking my tea will destroy your sanity.

Meanwhile, Leo is once again, just looking at me but I can see amusement in his eyes and I can tell he is fighting the urge to laugh. Again.

Damn him and his conceited friend. Damn them. And damn me for not being skilled in making tea.

As soon as I get back to the 21st century, I'll instantly book a tea making workshop.

Heck, I don't even drink coffee, let alone tea. So you really can't make fun of my poor skills.

"W-what are you laughing at?" I asked them, confusion evident in my voice.

"Oh, nothing, my sweet mermaid. It's just that, your tea is super delicious." Augustus replied as soon as he calmed himself down. He then brushed the little tears in the side of his eyes.