VIII. conceited to violent?

Start from the beginning

In just a blink of an eye, the wooden door quickly flew open, and standing in front of me was Leo Finley, Augustus Bennett's soldier friend.

Again, he is sweating like there's no tomorrow. He's wearing his usual outfit as well. Black top hat, perfectly ironed black tuxedo, partnered with shiny black shoes.

I can tell he was about to formally greet me again but I immediately made my way inside the study room without his consent or the jerk inside.

Martha would've been really angry at me if she ascertained that I am not treating my superiors with respect.

I can imagine how bewildered Grandpa and Miss Dolores will be if I am literally not following what their "How to Live in Victorian Era" manual says.

I let my eyes scan the room for a second. It somehow made me wonder why there's no books in here knowing that this is a study room.

In fact, this is more like a playroom because playing cards and chess can be found in the corner. A collection of toy cars can be found right in the shelves. The walls are colored in black, so are the curtains and in the corner are two lampshades and a soft-looking black sofa.

Then for an unknown reason, my heart skipped a beat when my gaze landed on Augustus Bennett. My conceited employer.

He raised his right brow at me then brushed his blond hair using his fingers as he stood near the window. How handsome.

"What a great morning, isn't it, my dear mermaid?" he greeted me, smirking. Here we go again with that cringe-worthy endearment of his.

I avoided his captivating stares and pressed my lips into a thin line. Not replying to him.

"Great morning, indeed, my dear Augustus," Augustus replied, chuckling as he twirls his finger with an invisible strand of hair at his side then sexually bit his lower lip then winked at me.

And wait, did he just mimic my voice? First off, I don't speak like that and second, never in my life did I twirl my hair as a sign of flirtation. In fact, I don't know how to flirt.

Although I have to admit, he looks a bit hot when he bit his lip. Okay, he really, really, really looks hot. To the point I'm afraid I might burn.

I just rolled my eyes heavenwards and made my way towards the table which by the way is just by his side.

I can feel his awkward stares as I placed the golden tray on the table. I then began pouring the tea into the teacups. My hands are shaking.

As soon as I was finished, I forced myself to bow to Augustus and Leo who still had their eyes glued to me which made my cheeks turn crimson. I mentally cursed myself for that.

Leo nodded at me as a reply but there's a hint of sadness in his face while Augustus just raised his brow at me. As if he's teasing me on why I suddenly bow down to them.

I was about to really leave, I mean, I am few meters away from the door when I heard the sexy devil said, "Stay,"

With a frown painted on my face, I turned towards them and sat on the sofa a few meters away from them. Hoping they'll start whatever business they have and pretend I am not here.

"Just appreciate God's artwork," Augustus uttered, smirking.

What? I have zero clue on what he's talking about. I mean, don't get me wrong, Grandpa raised me in a very religious way. I attend our church weekly. Although I am not meek.

"What I meant is, just appreciate how perfectly God created my very majestic face," Augustus explained then shrugged.

"And body, if you want to look deeper," he added then he seductively winked at me.